Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We Can't Both Look Good. Is It Me or The House?

Think about that question..seriously...... Although initially I intended for that thought/question to be be silly.

Paul and I watched The Polar Express tonight. For the most part, he was mesmerized and you should have seen his face when Santa appeared in the doorway of what I presume is the Town Hall building in the North Pole. And that same face (on Paulie) when the reindeer took off into the dark, clear sky to get Santa all over the world to deliver the presents to the girls and boys. Magical all the way folks!!! He is so sweet and cuddly.

I had a dental appt this morning with my "spiritual director" and he proceeded to tell me that an old filling has cracked. Probably from all the teeth grinding I do at night. And yes, you guessed it...he also wants me fitted for a night guard b/c my enamel is wearing out. Ho hum...ok, I said. I will do whatever you say Diamond Dave! (inside "family" joke).

Then I visited a pre school to get a tour and talk with the director about possibly placing Paul there next year. It was an awesome place and not too far from our home. This school is NAEYC accredited and I happen to know the lovely gal who runs the school. She is an ACTS sister! And get this..all of you who the saga of our experience at St. Mark's...she knows all about their program and knows Kathy (St. Mark's Co-Director) quite well. Oh Destiny darling.....I can't decide if I should sit you down and convince you to put Drew somewhere else next year.....if you read this....and want to know more..let me know sister! The gal I spoke with today was appalled that Father Kevin (at St. Mark's) never responded in any way shape or form to our letter. Tina--you will like this about Abiding Presence--they have a School Board who report to the church council. I told Frances today that I felt (early on) that the teachers really did not want Paul there and I could sense all the negativity. (and so could my little boy!) Frances proceeded to tell me that when one of her teachers didn't seem to like a child...and the parents sensed it...Frances eliminated this teacher's job. GO FRANCES!!!! I visit another NAEYC school on Thursday at 10am. And I also going to speak with 3 other schools which I believe would also be a good place for Paul..and his Mommy.

Off to watch The Biggest Loser and Dancing With The Stars!

No comments: