Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mama - How Long Will You Love Me?

This is the title of a book I purchased a month or two ago to help Paul to finally say Mama. Still nothing.... So, this is a lovely book by Anna Pignataro. Mama bear and baby Sammy bear. A real cute story. The end always chokes me up a little....... my sweet little boy is a blessing a gift from God. How can one love someone so dang much?! Getting back to the end of the story Paul and I read now and then.. a Mama's love is everlasting.. Sammy asks, "Will there always be you and Me?..."Miles and miles forever," whispered Mama. After I say that..Paul says AMEN and the end. SOOOOOO precious. I literally shed a tear or two now and then.....

I had bible study this morning.....the Book of Revelation. We read Chapters 14-16 and answered questions and then discussed in our small groups today. So great--and the support and unconditional love I receive from my fellow sisters and brothers is tremendous and not to ever be diminished or forgotten! I praise God for all the wonderful people in my life. The book of Revelation has so much symbolic language. Keep in mind that Fundamentalists take it literally...us Catholics..do not. Truth be told..I feel after reading these 16 chapters..that we can take comfort in knowing the God is powerful and has our back! If we repent and make good choices in our lives. Do good works; keep faith; strive to offer God's grace to everyone; say covered in the blood of Jesus Christ.....and you will be rewarded! The book in the bible..which is the last book...is really about hope..not the end of the world. John writes about the battle between good and evil. "Our wills are strengthened by prayer, worship, Holy Communion, spiritual development, reading, studying, etc."

Tonight was GNO. For any newcomers to my blog--GNO = Girls Night Out. We visited La Paloma Blanca. I looked around for my high school classmate, Dan O'Grady, who lives near the restaurant and said he and the family go there once a week. But I did not see them. Three beers and many laughs later.....I made it home safely. Danny is studying his CFP info and Paul is asleep of course..and Miss Oreo is waiting for me to come to bed and snuggle. I think she is warming it up for me. :-) Danny stays up until 1am sometimes reading..not me! I need 7-8 hours in order to properly parent Paul.

A shout to my friend Lori Flores. She turned 40 on October 30! I worked with her at Frost Insurance Agency. SHE ROCKS and is a fabulous mother to two teenagers..who also rock!! She and Danny (along with Brent Barry's wife Erin) serve on a local children's home board - St. PJ's.

I cannot sign off the puter without giving you some motivation/inspiration..so here is my best effort at 11:30 at night after a wild night with some fun gals....

Ephesians 2:8-9 " You have been saved by grace through believing. You did not save yourselves; it was a gift from God. It was not the result of your own efforts, so you cannot brag about it!" Accept the goodness of Jesus Christ. Abandon your own works and accept his. Abandon your own decency and accept his. Stand before God in his name, not yours! Father, God, help us to be busy about the right business -- the business of serving you! Amen.

No comments: