Sunday, November 4, 2007

Kansas Jayhawks 9-0--Here We Are BCS!

I graduated from the University of Kansas in May 1991. KU is mostly known to be a tremendous and fabulous basketball school. We won the NCAA Championship my freshman year..April 1988! However, this year our football team has gone undefeated and we are the only NCAA school to have both football and basketball ranked in the TOP TEN nationally. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK...GO KU! Danny has been great about the football team..easier since his team (TX) and KU don't play this year. He and I are hoping they win their last 2 games...Oklahoma State and Missouri. Those will both be TOUGH games.
*****New rankings on ESPN. I viewed this AFTER I first posted this entry and now I need to add something about my Alma Mater. Kansas was ranked eighth in the USA...this week....#4! A couple of the BCS people voted us as #2 -- but the computer average is rank 4. We'll take it!!!! If you could have only seen me when I saw that on ESPN.com......jumping, yelling and running out to the family room to tell Danny of the new rankings!!! All the while keeping quiet b/c Paulie is STILL asleep!!! Danny is a great husband and sports fan--he is super stoked too!!!!!!! Can I what get a WHOOP WHOOP?!!?!!!

Moving on...we attended 9:30 Mass this morning and Master Paul visited our nursery. And of course we saw many of our ACTS Brothers and Sisters..so fun to go to church with so many faith filled, family oriented folks! My good friend (and ACTS Sister) Meliza--is our cantor for 9:30 Mass and she and Fred sang one of my favorite David Kauffman's songs--If You Seek Me. I did a talk on Community at an ACTS retreat in April 2006 and after my talk, played that song. I love it. The song went well with today's Gospel Reading. Apparently, Paul was a little aggressive a few times while in the nursery...pushing kids and such. I guess behavior from pre school have now overflowed into other locations...GREAT! And things were going so well in parish nursery.....ho hum.

Danny and I are part of a couple ministry called Teams of Our Lady. We and Jena Bissaillon hosted an information meeting at church today after 11am Mass. Twelve couples attended and all said YES to becoming involved, and we have 2 additional couples who had already attended a info meeting and wish to join TOOL. Praise God!!! Two teams will be formed and begin in January. This is VERY exciting!

Paul went down for his daily nap around 2 today and as of right now...4:10...is still asleep. Danny has been watching NFL and I ran to the Dollar Store to get items for Operation Christmas Child. We have to turn in our shoe boxes of goodies tomorrow at MOPS. I chose to purchase items for a girl age 5-9. In our box are the following items: socks, toothbrushes, toothpaste, pink combs, hair clips, girlie stationary, pens, fancy pencils, pencil sharpener, gum, harmonica, Disney Princess play rings (set of 6), Disney Princess yo yo, little mermaid doll, crayons, lip gloss and stickers. I need to write her a little note to include in the box. Who knows, maybe our little friend will write to us....

Tonight I need to write a couple of thank you notes and get spiritually, mentally and physically ready for the upcoming week.

From 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, (that is the devil) but of power and of love and of a sound mind." Amen

Below is the refrain from If You Seek Me by David Kauffman. Love, love, love it!!! Enjoy and reflect!
"If you seek me with all your heart
When you search me with all your being
There you will find me and I will restore your soul
And bring you home"

No comments: