Monday, November 26, 2007

Housewives of Bexar County


Here are 3 hot Housewives of Bexar County. Granted, we had been drinking and just ate a big turkey dinner..and we STILL look HOT! I know you all agree!


ZZ and Erin are sisters.....I go to church with them and we are all great friends! They lovingly invited me to share Thanksgiving dinner with them and their families..at Erin's house. It was a joy filled afternoon. I don't want to seem presumptuous..but I believe that I fit in with the Pruetz's, Devin's and Mylar's! Erin--I must know the brand of the port wine we were drinking..it was devine! I must also say that Erin's turkey was very good and I am a tough critic when it comes to turkey on Thanksgiving. I don't think too many folks can get it right!


I just received this email from Erin.......

It was AWESOME having you here. My family just LOVED you (if you couldn't tell, since they nearly tied you down when you said you were leaving!) and, of course, you were a fantastic addition to the conversation and camaraderie. I'll have to ask Z about the Port -- she bought it!


An entirely different topic from turkey and Thanksgiving...if you have pre school age children, I would like to offer a website that guides you to programs in your zip code who are accredited for quality programs. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is dedicated to improving the well-being of all young children, with particular focus on the quality of educational and developmental services for all children from birth through age 8. NAEYC is committed to becoming an increasingly high performing and inclusive organization. Founded in 1926, NAEYC is the world's largest organization working on behalf of young children with nearly 100,000 members, a national network of over 300 local, state, and regional Affiliates, and a growing global alliance of like-minded organizations. These programs tend to have teachers with college degrees, masters and some have phd's to teach your children. These programs might be better for those children, like mine, who need a little extra patience, love, attention and someone who understands Sensory Integration and or autism..or is willing to learn. Here is a quote from WSJ....... "The primary gauge of quality has been accreditation by the National Association for the Education of Young Children… whose seal of approval is regarded as the gold standard by parents, educators and facilities." WSJ, March 24, 2006
To SEARCH for programs in your area..click on the left Accreditation...then scroll down on the next page and you will see a link (in red)which will allow you to search by your zip code. I am visiting three schools in my area to find the best place for my little man for pre school next September. It starts now, b/c registration is in February for next school year.
Danny and Paul arrived home safely from Houston Sat afternoon...around 4:30ish. We had a quiet family day on Sunday. Danny went to the library for about 3 hours in the afternoon to study his CFP material. Paul napped and I watched a movie in Lifetime..go figure.
We're happy to see the sun today! After P's nap, he and I will go to the playground for an hour before coming home to make dinner.
As Maile said in her blog today...BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: