Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Check WAS In the Mail...




Praise God! St. Mark Pre School did the right thing and sent us a refund! No note or call involved..just the check. So mature of them don't ya think?! Oh well...we're done with them.


And I cannot create this entry without a shout out to my Kansas Jayhawks! They routed Oklahoma State Saturday night...43-28! We are now 10-0 and #3 in the College Football BCS Poll! Iowa State is the weekend in Lawrence and then a big showdown in Kansas City--Arrowhead Stadium--for the annual KU-MU game the following Saturday (Thanksgiving weekend). Paul has a new Kansas t-shirt and a KU football! Rock Chalk Jayhawk...go KU!


I went to Kansas City (Overland Park) to visit a sorority sister and her family. I have been friends with Debra for 19 years!!! Half of my life really...... Above are pics of her adorable kiddos. Miss Olivia is 2, as of Nov 3, and Master Logan is 4 weeks old! I had a joy filled time and loved every moment I spent with them! Debra spoiled me rotten with a pedicure Sat morning and then off to Nordstrom Cafe for a yummy lunch and girl talk. We had pizza Sat night and watched the Kansas game. Her hubby John plays the trumpet in their church orchestra. I was lucky to hear a solo performance at church Sunday morning. It was the postlude...and he is VERY good!! They attend Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, KS. A huge sanctuary. Debra said they have around 10,000 families!!! Little Logan is going to play baby Jesus in the church pageant in early December. Debra is a twin and her sister Julie lives in DC. She is working for a while in KC and she came into town on Sunday and came over. She is sweet and I always enjoy seeing her too (two!) :-) Some of you know the story about when Paul was conceived... My friend Evin (whom I met at Fatso's for a KU bsketball game) got married in Prairie Village, KS (where she is from) in early October 2004. We stayed with Debra and John in their "Perfect" Village home. I was ovulating and so we had to...you know..and voila! It worked! So apparently, we needed to go out of state to get the job done! And no...no baby making this time in KS. I went alone and left Danny and Paul to enjoy one another for the weekend!
Paul is waking from a 2 1/2 hour nap...so I must go...but before I check out......a little something for all my friends! For the ability and grace to live God's Will and be open and listen to Him.
Dear Father, God--I need you. I acknowledge that I have sinned against you by directing my own life. I thank You that You have forgiven my sins through Christ's death on the cross for me. I now invite Christ to again take His place on the throne of my life. Fill me with the Holy Spirit as You commanded me to be filled, and as You promised in Your Word that You would do if I asked in faith. I pray this in the name of Jesus. As an expression of my faith, I thank You for directing my life and for filling me with the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments: