Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year Bloggers, Friends and Family

2008 is upon us and I know we can all look forward to an exciting year!! You have the power to make that happen! I will age to 39 later this year and Danny will ripen to 43. Master P will turn 3 which means potty training will occur in 2008!

Danny, Paul and I met our friends Tony, Letty and Miss Mackenzie for dinner New Years' Eve. It was nice being with them. We have spent many New Years together. If I had to count them..I would say somewhere around 7 or 8. And I have only lived here for 10 years! Back home Danny gave P a bath and off to bed. I headed out around 8:30 to a party at Stan's house. He has a new home at Bitters and Huebner and it is gorgeous and the perfect home for a family--not for a single man of 57! :-) I used to work with Stan and my friend Lori still works with him and they invited me. Danny said sure--as long as I was home around 11:30. DEAL!!!

The party was fun. I talked with some nice folks and of course hung out with Lori. I even met Christy Prescott who owns her own travel company and is very successful. After talking with her for about 10 min she asked for my resume. I mentioned I was going back to work in 2008. She is on the board for the Family Justice Center Foundation and they are interviewing for an Exec Director next week. She is serious, although I do not think I qualify for the position. It pays so well, that Danny could stay home! :-) So, I am sending her my resume tomorrow after I tweak it a little. If anything--I can get some interviewing experience..it has been 3 1 /2 years!

Made it home safely around 11:30. New Years Day brought college football games..yeah Mizzou and Michigan. The four of us (Oreo too) went to this park/trails over off Nacogdoches. We went for a 60 min hike. It was fun and Paul enjoyed it a lot! Oreo did too--but they were both pooped when got back home.

Took Paul this morning to get an X-Ray done. The ENT and his pediatrician wish to check the size of his adenoids. They think it could be a problem and preventing the fluid from draining from his ears...hence the reason he has 2 ear infections at this time..again!!! He has had lunch and will go down a nap in around 30 min. I have been busy taking ornaments off the tree. I hope to be able to finish it today. We will leave the tree up until January 6. It's a tradition!

Scripture and reflection for today:
Baruch 4:4 "Blessed are we, O Israel; for what pleases God is known to us!"

Love and good cheer go together. More than a century ago, Thomas Carlyle, the English historian, said: "Wondrous is the strength of cheerfulness and its power of endurance. The cheerful man (woman) will do more in the same time, will do it better, will persevere in it longer m than the sad or sullen." Help us, Lord of our heart, to be of good cheer. We know that You love a cheerful giver, and we have a long way to go. AMEN

No comments: