Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Climbing the Spiritual Ladder

More to be written tomorrow...but before I head to bed......

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " Give thanks IN everything (struggles too) not FOR everything...IN everything! Got it?! Good!!!

Lord, I often feel like the man in the Gospels who asked You to help what little faith he had. Fill my heart with Your gift of faith; let my faith be active and living.

Do you ever pray the Prayer of Jabez? A short, one verse prayer, with four requests, granted by God.
"Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request."


Rebuke Satan in the name of Jesus. Mark.16:17

Jabez prayed!... when he had a problem, a crisis, he did not decided to go to school, nor to the influenced men, nor to work much harder... He just prayed! Jabez prayed with boldness and perseverance, like Jacob!... When things didn't work out for him, he did not complained, or started a strike or a riot... he just prayed, he cried out to the God of Israel! When Jabez had a hopeless and desperate situation, he prayed God-size prayers... God can do the impossible! (Lk.1:37). Prayer is the fine thread that moves the hand of God... it is the atomic bomb of old times, and of our days!

No comments: