Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Passing of Loved Ones

Lots of sad news this week. One of our parishioners--married with 2 young children--was killed this week while working on the job. He was electrocuted. Danny's Uncle Gus died Thursday--funeral is here in SA on Tuesday and our dear friend, Diane's Grandmother is on her death bed. (Update---she passed away earlier today/Sunday) I would imagine we'll be getting a call from Diane or Adrian in the near future telling us of her death. Psalm 29:11 says, "The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace." I know this is a difficult time for Aunt Adela and for Diane and her family. I ask that God grants them peace and the knowledge that through grace--we are all saved and these wonderful people will joyfully meet our Lord and Savior.

I got my haircut this afternoon and love it! We have 5pm Mass at St. Mark's as we are getting installed as a new Teams of Our Lady Sector Couple, along with two other couples. There will be a blessing at the end of Mass and then a 15-20 min ceremony after mass concluding with dinner at Pericos on Sonterra Blvd. with 18 people!

I had successful shopping on Friday purchasing some nice interview clothes on SALE!! Gotta love Chico's, Ann Taylor Loft and Talbot's! I already have all the hot shoes and jewelry and purses! I am sort of an accessory queen..well, at least I think so!

Danny is sad right now because Texas lost to Missouri in basketball. Kansas plays Nebraska tonight at 8. KU should win..being #3 in the country!

Tomorrow will be day filled with getting Paul ready for his first day of school on Monday, and doing some yard work (Danny doesn't know this yet--but he has to get the leaves off the grass!) and I have chores as well!

Today's prayer: Jesus, what joy I feel when I know I have done something to please You. Help me when I am not so sure of myself. It is difficult to believe that Your love does not depend on my good behavior. You love the sinner (me big time) even before she (he) repents. AMEN