Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy Birfday!

Today is my friend Erin's 32nd birthday! I was able to talk with her for a little bit earlier tonight. I sang Happy Birthday to her..Marilyn Monroe style. I had the hip action going too, but thankfully the only person who saw that was Paul. :-0

Today was a good day. Woke up with a slight hangover--not too bad though, thankfully. Melissa from Brighton came at 8:30 to check on Master Paul and to see how I was doing. She too is very excited that Paul will start school Monday at Brighton. Did I mention already that his teacher's name is Ms. Susan?!

Took the little man to Kid Space around 11 and ventured to Talbots to find some work pants on sale. SUCCESS---purchased a nice pair of slacks for a mere $34..originally $108! I think I got a bargain! Don't worry Debra-I am not going back to my preppy and most conservative dress. But I need some nice classic slacks for work--when that occurs. Then I sweet talked my best buddy Tina into meeting me for lunch at Tai Pei. She had to take Miss Makayla to music class first. We split an order of moo shoo pork--yummy for our tummy!!

Paul took a 2 hour nap and I did some things around the house. After the nap, we went for a walk and then playing in the backyard. Paul has been rather silly today--again, WHERE does he get that trait?!!! Does anyone know?????

He is asleep now and Danny is at CFP class. I am beginning to prepare for my interview on Tuesday morning. SWBC is interested in me for a Personal Lines Sales Producer position. I did this job previously at Frost Insurance, but it has been a few years! :-) I have three decent references..Pat Frost of Frost National Bank. He said, "I would be honored to be on your resume!" Cool---thanks dude! Lori Flores, CIC--commercial insurance sales extraordinaire and Moe Guerrero--Executive Asst to Coach Greg Popovich of the SA Spurs! And no, I did not pay these people to support me....they just like me and know I am a good worker who will do a good job!

*From the book of Wisdom--Chapter 6:13: "Wisdom is glorious and never fades away, and is easily seen by those who love her, and found by those who seek her." We all have within us everything we need to purchase the Kingdom of Heaven. Lord, we reap what we sow. Give us the wisdom to know how to draw joy from sorrow. AMEN

I am off to call a college friend--Carol. We met in a history class at KU in the fall of 1989. She teaches high school in Great Bend, KS and I have not talked with her for a while. She is probably grading papers and watching tv.

As Paul so commonly says these days..."COOL!" Adios compadres!

4 comments:

The Pruetz Family said...

Thanks for the birthday shout-out! You always make me feel very special!

Osh said...

sounds like a fabulous day!

Barb B said...

Good luck at your interview. I am sure you will do fine.

The Pruetz Family said...

Tag! You're it! See my blog for details...