Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Roundup

Friday was a cold and rainy day! We're finally getting cooler temps here in South Texas. Paul had school and it was a tough road getting there. He began to cry when I put him in the car and even more of a whimper when we turned right out of our subdivision. He has figured out where we are going.... More tears and fighting me taking him out of his carseat in the school's parking lot. Clinging to me and crying every step of the way into the building and down the hall and into his classroom. Still crying (and I am about to as well) as I made my way to the door and out the door of his classroom---my tears began to flow and the lips quivered. I stopped by the director's office and stood in her doorway--sobbing and sniffling. Do you have a mental picture yet?! She comforted me and within 4-5 min I was good and ready to head home and get ready for a funeral.

Our good friend Diane's Grandmother passed and the funeral mass was at 10am. A very nice mass with meaningful readings and songs. Diane gave the eulogy and it was quite good and very touching. Good going girl! Then Danny and I ate lunch together at Salt Grass--yummy and good company!! :-)

Paul was shoveling pound cake into his mouth when I picked him up from school. We played blocks and trains and did some sticker therapy until Daddy got home. We had lasagna and then once Paul was in bed, we watched Spider Man 3. The first half was so so---then it got better! IS there going to be a Spider Man 4???

Saturday was chores and hanging with Paul. Jennifer came over to be with Paul and we went up to church to attend the parish's first wine tasting event. As JM said, "I love being Catholic!" Shoot---how many other denominations have wine tastings?! Awesome evening with good wine, food, music, laughs and great fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ. KUDOS to all those who made the night possible! We left at 9 b/c we had people coming over at 9:30 to play poker. I should have known the usual suspects would be late....finally at 10:30--they all showed up. We served up the chips--$5 ante and away we went. 7/27......low Chicago...5 card draw....3's wild of course....no peek...follow the queen, 7 card stud...3's and 9's wild...FUN FUN FUN! We quit at 1am..I won $1.10...but it was fun and we had some laughs. Danny was a little feisty..even Diane called him on it! And Diane AND Barney called Mike on having his phone between his legs on the chair and texting someone..enough dude--pay attention already! :-)

Will write about Sunday tomorrow--need to give Paul a bath and get him into bed!

Monday morning and Paul is at school and Danny went into his office to work on some financial plans. I am going to be busy doing things around here and am going to watch a movie shortly.

So, Sunday was a nice day! We lounged around in the AM and then I got ready to attend a music ministry concert at our church at 2:30. Holy Trinity is celebrating 20 years as a parish and each month a ministry puts an event. January was the month for our music ministers. Those who sing and play during masses, go to the charities to sing and those folks who have participated in music for ACTS retreats. Even the children sang some songs....way cute and a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. My ACTS sister and friend Erin said a solo..AVE MARIA...she was awesome and I was so proud of her! Any my other ACTS sister Katie has an incredible voice. I had no idea the gal could sing! Her hubby sings and plays the piano, but who knew it was a couple thing?! At three o clock we sang/prayed The Divine Mercy Chaplet. A very special time of day for us Catholics. Our own Dan Duet is a recording artist and has a top 10 song right now..Traces of Jesus..which he sang for us. I recommend his new CD! You will be inspired!After the concert--of course...food!! I went to socialize and eat some food! The afternoon was joyful and made me even more ready for the week ahead. A HUGE thank you to my sweet ACTS sister and good friend Meliza for organizing the event! And she has an incredible voice herself. She sang one song a little lower than her usual soprano pitch and I thought, "hmmmm, who knew she could be an alto too!" :-)

I love this song and need to tell Dan that I listen to it all the time on my computer.
CHANGE THE WORLD

Written at the request of the Archdiocese of San Antonio, for the 2001 Archbishop's Annual Appeal. This song was set to debut live at a fundraising dinner that was scheduled to be held on September 11, 2001. The dinner was obviously cancelled. To date (FEB 2007), this song has never been performed in public. Change the World words and music by Dan Dúet© 2001


Take a look around you, tell me what do you see?
A world that is crying, a world in need.
We can’t turn our heads, pretend to look away
For we are chosen, to see, to reach out, to touch,
We are chosen, we are chosen to understand

I have come as a beggar,
I have come on my knees
You can make a difference
you can help me change the world
I have come on my knees

Look into the faces, tell me what do you see?
It’s the same hopes, the same dreams that live in you and me.
You see we’re not so different, it just seems that way
But we are chosen to see, to reach out, to touch,
We are chosen, we are chosen to understand

I have come as a beggar,
I have come on my knees
You can make a difference you can help me change the world
I have come on my knees


Sometimes I know, it’s hard, to reach out, to take a chance
Remember the Voice that’s calling now, the Voice that’s saying
That we are chosen to see, to reach out, to touch
We are chosen, we are chosen, we are chosen to understand

I have come as a beggar,
I have come on My knees
You can make a difference
you can help Me change the world

I have come on My knees I have come as a beggar, I have come on My knees
You can make a difference you can help
Me change the world I have come on My knees, I have come on My knees
Let’s go and change the world, put your hand in Mine
And together you and I… we’re gonna change the world.

No comments: