Friday, January 4, 2008

Exciting News in the Niño House


My Kansas Jayhawks won the Orange Bowl last night. I think the win shocked the sports world..but not us die hard supporters! So awesome!!!

Stephanie from the Brighton Day School called yesterday---there is a spot for Paul right now! He will start January 14 and go everyday. Not sure of the time I will have him there. By 9am each day and maybe 4-5 hours. Then when I get my job, we can extend the hours and it shouldn't be too much of a disruption for my little man. It is all coming into place...with Paul anyway! I sent off my resume to SWBC today. They have position I am most interested in. My friend Cathy if the CEO of the Employee Benefits Consulting Division and will forward my resume, along with her support, to the right person. And Pat Frost has agreed to be a reference for me.

Tonight we have a Teams of Our Lady meeting with the other sector couples to plan the installation mass--which is next Saturday at St. Mark's. UGH! Do I really have to face Father Kevin--you know--the one who NEVER responded to my 2 page letter regarding my son and his pre school! I guess I will have to give him Grace---help me Lord! Tomorrow I need to get all the Christmas decor put away. And on Sunday, I visit The Haven and The Laurels again to offer communion to the elderly. I do have to prepare a reflection on the Gospel reading for Sunday. So much to do...but not always enough time!

1 John 4:8 says, "The person who is without love does not know God, for God is love."

"Love is a basket of bread from which to eat for years to come. Good loaves....fragrant and warm miraculously multiplied; the basket is never empty..the bread never stale." Catherine de Vinck

Heavenly Father, increase our love, and our joy. AMEN

4 comments:

Osh said...

you are the busiest person I know!

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan, see, I told you I read it every day and now I can comment! Am praying for that interview!

Anonymous said...

Why did it make me anonymous?

Susan Niño said...

I don't know..but your second comment says PAM..YEAH!!!!