Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Rock of Love

Yes, I watched most of the season finale of ROCK OF LOVE. Poison lead singer Bret Michaels chose his new girlfriend..Jes...a 23 year old from Chicago. Many probably don't know he is the father of two little girls and I wonder...what will they think of their rock star Dad when they see this silly show?! Even worse..I watched some of it.. And Bret is old enough to be Jes' father. Oh come on....some of you watched the show too!

Anyone watching this new season of Dancing with the Stars? I have only seen it last night and watched 2 dances and was not impressed.

Paul had a half day at pre school. NEISD is having teacher conferences and so the staff at St. Mark's needed to be rid of the young ones so they could attend their own kid's conferences. I don't recall any of my bosses or former employers ever giving a hoot about that?! And here is another thought on the fact that NEISD has conferences during the day. What happens to the parents who both work and cannot leave early to visit their child's teachers? When I taught at Bishop Carroll in Wichita, KS, we had our parent-teacher conferences from like 4-9. School got out around noon so the teachers could eat lunch and regroup for the parents arriving later that day. Come on NEISD....do a better job please on this one! Hmmm..I am rather cranky. Must be time for food and then bed!

Paul had a good day! He is so fun to be around. He says more and more words each day. He truly loves to sing and dance and be silly. Does anyone know where he acquired those traits?! I am rather dumbfounded really..... He picked out the books he wanted to read tonight. A book about Dora and the raft race; Wags and his friend Ben; a book on God's bright colors and Curious George goes into space!

Remember I wrote once about Stacey London and What Not to Wear and her new show--Fashion Fanatic?! Here she goes again... Stacy London, TLC’s style guru is hosting her own show! It’s going to be sassy, stylish, inspirational and a little bit naughty, just like its host. Stacy brings her years of fashion experience to a weekly girls’ night-out that is full of fashion, style tips, relationship advice and gossip! Premieres Friday November 23, 2007 at 10/9c on TLC. Go sister!!! I love her!!

One last tidbit before the puter gets shut off for the night....my friend Gloria Garza (I call her GG) shared with me this website and I have been using it for over a year. With Christmas coming in a couple of months, you might wish to try it! It helps you pick the perfect gift(s). You can customize all about the person you are shopping for....examples: senior woman who is an achiever and loves to cook: adult male who is an adventurer and loves to read and play sports.... check it out and play around. Once you start searching, the site leads you to all kinds of neato gifts that you probably would not have thought of on your own! Good luck!
www.gifts.com

From Exodus 15:2 "The Lord is my strength and my song..." Amen.

No comments: