Monday, October 8, 2007

Hola, love you....

Paul's new saying is, "hola, love you!" So sweet! I melt every time he says it and he has been saying it a lot the past few days. We went to the Pumpkin Patch with my MOPS group this morning. Up past 3009....off Nacogdoches....a Methodist Church has the coolest pumpkin patch with hay rides, educational activities, hay you can play in, a sand box and of course lots of pumpkins! I invited some friends from church too. I hope they had a fun time. I borrowed my friend Jena's fancy digital camera and I think I got some great pics of Paul and some of our friends. Paul and I found a really nice subdivision off Bat Cave on our way back home. Custom homes and large lots. It was so peaceful in there, that I wanted to pull over and take a walk. But Paulie had to eat lunch and take his nap. I hear him talking a little in his room, but he will fall asleep eventually.

Big sports weekend for me! Kansas played K-State on Saturday and we won..30-24! KU is now 5-0! And we are ranked this week..#20!!! Danny's team..not so good again this weekend. The Red River game in Dallas. OU beat UT and Danny was not a happy camper. I felt bad for him, but I was on cloud nine since my alma mater won a huge game!

Sunday brought 2 ministries for me as a way to serve God. I am a Stephen Minister and twice a month we go to The Laurels and the Haven in Stone Oak to offer/serve communion to the elderly folks. In the assisted living unit we actually conduct a mini service with readings, prayer, reflection and intentions. They appreciate us coming and we appreciate them! Then it was off to help with our Life Teen group at 6:30. The activity for the evening was pretty neat and I enjoyed being with the young people of our parish. I returned home around 9 and was a little tired from the day. In between, we took Paul to a playground and I did some chores. My work is never done. This is why I so look forward to Paul going to school so I can work on my CSS homework, get my house cleaned and organized and do my dr appts and ministry work.

I have to work on my CSS homework for Wednesday morning. I am a little behind and it is way too much if you wait and try to accomplish all of it the night before. I also have to make a phone call to a fellow MOPS Mommy who is going to be able to support me as we move forward with Paul and trying to determine what he needs and what his teachers can do for him to make school even better for everyone. He has his formal evaluation tomorrow here at our house, but they really need to visit St. Mark's, b/c he acts different there versus here at home or any other place to attends. I am a little exhausted with the whole situation right now, but am trying to be hopeful that the folks from Brighton can offer his teachers some better insight and strategies. Two weeks ago, the Brighton Coordinator called me after she had talked with the Director of the Pre School and said..."sounds like to me he has normal 2 year old things and they are picking on him, being tense and frustrated about it and therefore making it all worse. Who knows..I will allow the professionals to make the assessment and then we can move forward. Please keep Paul, his parents and teachers in your prayers. Give us all the patience, courage and wisdom to do what is needed to help Paul and allow him to grow and develop.

Did I fail to mention that Paul is a strong willed little boy?! All the books and articles I have read state quite clearly...."strong willed children really test the limits with parents and teachers and we need to remain positive, calm and consistent!" Personally, Danny and I feel this is what he is doing at school and for whatever reason, continues to test his teachers. He certainly is not being mean or malicious. And I would like to add that all involved should read and reflect on this scripture verse...Galatians 6:9 - Do not grow weary of doing good, for in due season you will reap a harvest if you do not give up.

No comments: