Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More on Reunion Weekend in STL



So, here we go---Friday night was a Happy Hour planned by Dean Gallagher. He wasn't going to make it Sat night--his sister was getting married--so he wanted to organize something. Thankfully, he kept his word and planned a fun night. The event was held at Lucas School House in the Soulard area in St. Louis. http://www.lucasschoolhouse.com/ I had not been to that part of the city in probably over 10 years. Way cool indeed! Above are 2 of my favorite pics from that night -- everyone looked so good and they were so fun! I wore my new jeans, my silver 4 inch sexy heels and a new shirt from The Gap. Minus the 25 extra pounds and triple chins--I looked pretty decent! :-)
I started off with a Michelob Ultra--but the dang beer was lukewarm and I only had about half. Then I moved on to Crown and Coke--oh yeah, they were out of Crown. Eeee ho le! So I think the drink was Jack and Diet Coke. Lots of alcohol for sure! But with all the talking and laughing, most of the drink got watered down and I was on to the next one -- but same thing. Too busy to drink really. In between I had water and some of Danny's pop. I learned so many things that night about events in high shcool that I either didn't recall, or simply never heard about back then. And news on what lots of people (who weren't there that night) were doing and who they were doing...oh yeah..interesting stuff mainard! I got to meet some husbands and wives--all very nice and out going and lovely to attend this incredible weekend with the wild class from John F. Kennedy Catholic High School - Class of 1987!
We headed back to Dad and Jean's around 11pm. Danny was pretty sick with a bad head cold and I wanted to get him into bed....wink wink! He enjoyed meeting my classmates and he especially enjoyed his visit with Ed Morganthaler. He lives in the Dallas area and works for Union Pacific-I think. My radio DJ classmate, Rich Berra, was present along with his lovely and fun wife Kristy. He has a successful morning show in Phoenix/Tuscon. He rocks dudes! We talked about who we had crushes on and all that good stuff. I really had a crush on one guy in our class, but after sophomore year, he left and went to a public school. I don't ever recall ever kissing a guy from my class either--at least not during high school. A certain classmate had my lips for a few months in 1989 or 1990--cannot recall exactly. I am getting old remember.... And one guy in my class had 3 brothers--and I did kiss one of them.....when I was a freshman and Mike was a sophomore.
The above picture is me, Rich Berra and Shannon Fox Oliveri. Rich was sort of a geek in high school..but always nice and funny. Shannon was also a nice gal who played sports. The other picture - Keith, Becky, Nino, Jenny and Shannon. I love this pic - check out Nino's eyebrow?! In our slideshow DVD that Jamie and Suzy put together--Nino is in pictures with girls....all the girls! So cute and fun to be around. I met his wife briefly--she is beautiful!
I am not feeling too great today -- maybe Danny has passed along his cold. UGH! I still have lots to say about Saturdays night's reunion event....until we meet again friends.....
I leave you with this challenge...... refine your life.... unleash your Spirit!

3 comments:

Osh said...

Susan!
Love your blog...and so glad that we can have an opportunity to stay in touch!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this blog and was so excited to keep reading what was posted. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing you at reunion and hoep to stay in touch!

Anonymous said...

oops...I guess I could have checked the spelling...long day at school!