Thursday, August 30, 2007

Better Parenting Tools....

I am trying these tools for becoming a better parent.....coffee, naps and an occasional cold beer/cocktail, time with girlfriends and oh yes..shopping (without the toddler)!

Paul and I had a lovely morning at the zoo. We arrived around 9:45...not too many cars in the parking lot...humid and the fact that school is back in session. We saw the two black bears..he loved them and then off to see the really wild and fun animals. Paul's favorites...still...the elephants and the giraffe...or as Paulie pronounces it now "ger app." Even the kangaroos were able to get a smile and a laugh from the young lad.

Aha, as I type this brief entry...down comes the rain! I heard thunder about 45 min ago, but then the sun came out. Ever so quickly, back to dark clouds and rain!

My mother's helper, Jennifer, is coming over at 5:30 to hang with Paul so I can go to St. Mark's and get orientated for Paul's pre-school days--which start Tuesday! I need to do some reading and writing down my questions for tonight's meeting with the teacher and directors.

Alas, I will not sign off before leaving you wonderful people with something that might help you..it tends to help me.....AMEN

"Because of your faith, it will happen." Matthew 9:29

No comments: