Thursday, August 9, 2007

I Heart Teenagers

Many of you know that I taught high school in Wichita, KS way back in my 20's. :-) I love teenagers and am privileged to know and be around many as I approach 40. The last several months have started me thinking about going back to teach high school. Tish, will you move Bishop Carroll to San Antonio?! Tish is Paul's Godmother and one of my best friends and she happens to be the President of an awesome Catholic High School in Wichita, KS! Golden Eagles rock! This of course is where I taught Government, World History and English!

Two responsible, polite and super sweet teens are my mothers helpers. Ryan and Jennifer. Happy Birthday to Miss Jennifer who turns 12 tomorrow! They came today for about 3 hours to play with Paul so I could venture out and do some fun things! Yeah---I had a great time and appreciate their help. Another teen..Miss Audrey is very sweet. She is the daughter of friends from church...Julie and Diamond David. David is studying to be a Deacon at our parish...so Julie is a Deaconette in training too... Audrey is 14 and about to enter high school..Aug 27 to be exact. She is fun to be around. She reminds me of her mother!

Paul is napping and once he awakes, we're headed off to my friend Destiny's house to pick up a book she has for me and then probably to the playground in Canyon Springs. It is SUPER hot, but I like to think of myself as a fun Mommy. What is a little heat and sweat if it wears your kid out..oh, what I mean is if it keeps him laughing and having fun! :-)

No comments: