Friday, August 24, 2007

It's Friday..it's Friday...field trip day!




Statement above from a movie Paul and I have seen MANY MANY times..Madagascar!

This morning Paul and I went to Rhonda's house for a play date. Miss Caroline Grace is 2 months older than my guy....and I think they are cute together. Caroline has a new baby brother too..Crawford was born in April, so I suppose he is not so new anymore. :-) After hanging out for about an hour, we loaded up the kids and went to a nearby playground. Then on to McDonald's for lunch and more playtime. As usual, Paul didn't wish to play on the playground there because of all the wild kids. He prefers smaller groups. So, is he really my son?! People know I love a big group! Above are 2 pics of the kids at the community playground --near The Palmer Course. And Cedar Creek golf course.... Can you tell, I am itching to play some golf!!

Called my high school classmate Dan, who lives here in SA and works for AT&T. We've tentatively planned a play date for Sunday, Sept. 2. And I mean a play date for Paul and his daughter Lauren. :-) He did not sound the same as I have not spoken to Dan for 20 years. We've emailed a little the past month or so, but to talk with him..first time today! Another high school friend, Robb, doesn't sound the same either. I guess they are really grown men and not boys anymore! Less than 2 months now for my 20 year high school reunion in St. Louis. I cannot wait!

The Knights of Columbus are hosting a luau dance at our church tonight and I offered to child sit for anyone who wanted to attend. Meliza and Bill snagged me quick and so tonight I will be entertaining Michelle and Robert---sweet and adorable children. It really won't be hard at all--they are easy to deal with! They were in MI the same week I was. Bill is from Midland, MI and so I plan to ask the kiddos all about their vacation. The rest of our weekend will be chores and planning events for September. Another busy month is approaching and I need to be certain Danny and I are on the same page. Right ladies...?!

And a shout out to Jessica and Jaime (friends from Frost Bank--I trained then both and then they fell in love and married). Many marriages are made at Frost Bank. Just ask Pat Frost.... Jessica and Jaime had a baby boy in early August. Now, note he was to be a SHE..Chloe Marie. However, the drs and techs were repeatedly wrong when they told my friends.."you're having a girl!" He is healthy and Jessica and he are doing well. I am going to see them on September 6. Oh..his name is not Chloe Marie, but Cristian Alejandro. I hope I spelled that correctly. Jessica told me his first name has no H.

Back to folding laundry and going through papers and bills. And remember this peeps....

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

No comments: