Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Home Sweet Home


Back home in San Antonio... we missed Daddy and Oreo a lot! Master P and I traveled to Michigan last Mon and spent a week with my Mom and Wayne. They live in Crystal Mountain Golf and Ski Resort in Thompsonville, MI...which is about 45 min southwest of Traverse City....near Lake Michigan. http://www.crystalmountain.com/ They are living in their condo while their new home is built. Completion date is the end of September. I say good luck with that folks! From the looks of the home...I don't see how it can be done and ready for move in on Sept 29...but then again, I am not the builder! I would tell you in detail about our 8 hour (unplanned) layover in Chicago last Monday, but to rethink all of that would only make me angry and pissy!


Northern MI is beautiful....lots of trees..and I do mean A LOT of trees. Pretty natural lakes that are crystal clear and so lovely when the sun shines on them. Winding roads, slow pace, sand dunes, cherry and apple orchards, golf courses, rivers to tube on and canoe, horseback riding, walking in the woods, bike trails, great restaurants all around, and awesome weather..in August anyway! :-)


Suffice to say, we did a lot and had a lot of fun! Paul took to Grandad again more so than my Mom. Paul and I slept together in the guest bed. He sure does like to snuggle up to me during the night. I must admit, I really did love sleeping with my little boy. So many funny moments with Paul....remember, he is 2 and learning and saying new things everyday! I want to write so much detail, but right now I have some things to get done before going to bed. So, I will write more about our trip tomorrow.


I will tell you that one day my Mom stayed home with Paul and I went to Glen Lake with Wayne. That is where they keep their boat and we went out on the lake for a couple of hours. I love being on the boat..so peaceful...tranquil. Oh yeah...their boat's name is Tranquility. And another day, my Mom stayed with Paul again so Wayne and I could go for a horseback ride on a trail near Bear Lake. Wayne's horse was named Stryker and mine was a sweet 7 year old gal named K.C. She is beautiful and I wanted to bring her back to SA! It was a lovely trail ride and it only made my longing for a horse stronger! Watch out Danny, instead of shoes from Nordstrom, I might come home one day with a horse! K.C. is shown above. Her mane is an awesome auburn color. Shoot---us women have to pay big bucks for that color every 6 weeks...KC had it naturally. She responded well to me and did I mention that I wanted to put her in Wayne's trunk and bring her home?! And one night Wayne took Paulie for a 45-60 min walk so my Mom and I could enjoy a lovely and yummy dinner at Wild Tomato..located on the resort where they live. My Mom had a martini flight and this old gal from TX settled for a cold beer! It was a heavenly dinner and good girl time!


Peace out gang....

No comments: