Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sept. 1 - David vs. Goliath


Anyone who really knows me and is reading this will not be surprised with my excitement as we begin college football season..which only brings us closer to college basketball season too. Ranked #5 in the country, the Michigan Wolverines (M GO BLUE!) welcomed division II foe Appalachian State. The little Mountaineers pulled off one of the greatest upsets in college football history in the final seconds of the game. Appalachian State 34, No. 5 Michigan 32. Unbelievable! You might ask..where is Appalachian State? I bet over 100,000 fans in the MI stadium were asking the same question. The team from Boone, N.C., took the lead with 26 seconds left when Julian Rauch kicked a 24-yard field goal. Corey Lynch blocked a 37-yard try on the final play, and the Mountaineers sealed a jaw-dropping upset that might have no equal. As I type this entry, Texas (Danny's Alma Mater) is playing Arkansas State and my Alma Mater, Kansas, is hammering Central Michigan in the fourth quarter. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK baby!

For all my girlfriends---I will move on. :-) Today is my sister-in-law Alleson's 39th birthday. She is married to my brother Tom and they live in Littleton, CO. Above is a picture of her and my brother and Miss Lauren (age 6). This photo was taken on Aug. 15 in Hawaii. Alleson's sister Marsha married John (finally!) I think they have been together for 9 years. Marsha and John are fun to be around and very sweet people. They live in Ft. Collins, CO. It was a lovely afternoon in Maui for the big event! Marsha was a beautiful bride!

I am off to read a little and then sleep....adios folks.

No comments: