Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Third Wednesday of Advent

Remember that God is our architect, and we are the houses he is building, here in our own Nazareth. The season of Advent reminds us to acknowledge this. God is the One who opens the door to salvation: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God and there is no other." A prayer for today: Father, as the God who is with us, quench all doubt within us. Reassert yourself to us, in all your creative power and glory. As we remember your Son gave up that authority to be born and to walk with us on earth, may our love and loyalty rise up to you, strong and certain, to reassure you that we are indeed your creation. More--we are your sons and daughters. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Scripture for the Third Wednesday of Advent - Luke 7:19-23
"John summoned two of his disciples and sent them to the Lord to ask, "Are you the one who is to come, or should we look for another?" When the men came to him, they said, "John the Baptist has sent us to you to ask, 'Are you the one who is to come, or should we look for another?'" At that time he cured many of their diseases, sufferings, and evil spirits; he also granted sight to many who were blind. And he said to them in reply, "Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind regain their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have the good news proclaimed to them. And blessed is the one who takes no offense at me."

I am busy finishing up getting the house ready for my parents' arrival tomorrow afternoon. I have a nail in one my rear tires and Danny is off right now getting it repaired. Oh what fun....

St. Augustine said, "He who is filled with love is filled with God Himself!" Know that God's love is measureless...and boundless. It is of great comfort to me to know and believe that God loves me no matter what I say or do..as long as I repent and keep moving forward.

Love to everyone!

No comments: