Saturday, September 15, 2007

September is half over....oh my

I read a cute quote on a local restaurant's website yesterday and wanted to share it..
"All you need is POSITIVITY!" - The Spice Girls
Last night was a gathering of some ACTS sisters at Marge's house. The food, drinks and fellowship were all fabulous! Thank you to Marge for opening up her lovely home. It was a grand time. As usual, I enjoyed talking with a few of the children. Debra's two little ones are 7 and 3 1/2. They are both sweet and fun to be around. And Marge has 2 older sons. Evan seems to be more talkative than Ryan. Again, being around teens makes me dream of teaching high school again one day. But where were Sisters Julie and Mary?! I thought they were coming to the party.....maybe they were tired from working hard all week.....
Paul and I took Miss Oreo this morning to have her nails trimmed. It was kinda cute when they took Oreo in the back at Rob Cary..Paul cried and was rather upset about Oreo being taken away. She was gone all of 5 minutes or so..and when they returned her to us..he lit up and said..."there she is...my puppy dog!" He then proceeded to hug and pat her. It was so dang cute!
Can you believe that September is half over?! Halloween will be here before you know it!
Check out the really cool educational toys at http://www.learningresources.com/ I purchased some pretend ice cream cones with different color "scoops" to assist Paul with learning colors. Santa may be bringing a few of these items... Paul knows blue, yellow, red, orange, green, purple, pink and is learning white, brown and black. I am trying to teach him to say Texas for the color orange and Kansas for the color red! Is that wrong?!!!
I need to go play with Paul before he has some lunch and a nap. Peace be with all of you today and the rest of the weekend!
Theme for today..in our house anyway: PATIENCE
Dear Father God, I am encouraged when I think of your patience, and of your unfailing love. Help me to be patient---with people (like Paul), with circumstances, even with myself. Amen.

No comments: