Thursday, September 20, 2007

Healing Service

Hi gang! Each month at our parish a ministry hosts an event to help celebrate 20 years as a parish community. I am a Stephen Minister and we are holding a healing/prayer service tonight at 7pm! We will be reading scripture pertaining to four areas: faith, healing, peace and forgiveness. Songs will be sung and then four corners will be available for people to visit so they can share what is on their heart and receive a blessing and prayer. I am in the forgiveness corner. I am looking forward to this event. We don't know how many people will show up..I hope a lot! It's all good in the hood and I pray people take advantage of this holy and blessed service. Paul is now napping and I am going to pray and get mentally prepared so that the Holy Spirit can fill me and give me the words to help people. The scripture for tonight's reflection are as follows: Philippians 4: 4 & 7, John 14:27, 2 Thessalonians 3:16, John 16:33, Luke 17: 3-4

Dear Lord, I will open my heart to You. And I thank You, God, for Your love, for Your peace, for Your forgiveness, and for Your Son. Amen.

No comments: