Thursday, September 6, 2007

Fashion Fanatic

Do you know who Stacey London is? She is the second half who hosts What Not To Wear on TLC. I love that show and have gotten Danny into it as well. A couple of Sunday's ago, I was flipping channels and came upon a new show called Fashion Fanatic..hosted by Stacey London.
Her new series on TLC takes her excitement for fashion design and craftsmanship to the next level. The first (maybe only?) episode I viewed featured "shoes & handbags"...asking: just what is the difference between a shoe that costs $80 and one that costs $800? It has to do with the balance and engineering. Yes, those kicks ain't just pretty, they're engineered...feel special. But Stacy London is REALLY special, she got to go to the Salvatore Ferragamo workshop and actually create this engineering first-hand. How cool is that?

Stacey also visited the "podiatrist to the stars" in New York who charges $500 a session to help alleviate the pain of wearing high heels. First thing the good doctor says is "Did you know that for every step you take you put three times your body weight on the soles of your feet?" Why no, doctor, I didn't know that... Hmmm. That explains a thing or two.

And for those of you reading this are saying..who is this Stacey person anyway and what does she know?! A LOT!! She's smart, savvy (try Phi Beta Kappa from Vassar!) However, I think Danny would fall over dead if I spent $800 on a single pair of shoes. So, I went hunting for a shoe I could purchase that is both stylish, trendy and comfortable. And voila--I found one at Nine West for a mere $80. Metallic high heel with an ounce or two of sass! Oh yeah....

Moving on...Paul started pre school this week and his first day did not go very well. He is there now and I am waiting for the phone to ring..please don't ring..please don't ring...please don't ring. I think I prayed all day and all night and all morning that he would have a better day. I am working on some items and meeting my friend Jessica and her new baby boy for lunch. I am excited to see them and meet Master Cristian Alejandro Martinez. I bet he is way cute!

And finally.....each day I am striving to see how God is working in my life. There is a workbook titled Experiencing God...Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry T. Blackaby, which I am using. Beware, there is also a book, but this is a workbook and it is not easy, but well worth the time. I highly recommend it to all. Here are a few snippets from the beginning of my homework...
1. God is always at work around you.
2. God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal.
3. God invites you to become involved with Him in His work.
4. God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes, and His ways.
5. God's invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
6. You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.
7.You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you.

Not easy right?! So pray for me please as I press on.....

Hugs compadres!

No comments: