Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Deciphering the Book of Revelation

This morning was the first day of CSS (Catholic Scripture Study) aka Bible Study. We are tackling the last book of the bible...the Book of Revelation. My small group leaders are a fabulous couple...Carolin and Bernie Denisio. I anticipate an interesting road ahead. Revelation is considered one of the most controversial and difficult books of the Bible, with many diverse interpretations of the meanings of the various names and events in the account. Pope Benedict said to read the Book of Revelation as Christ's victory over evil. The pope said that while Revelation is permeated by continual references to sufferings and trials, it is equally marked by expressions of praise and exultation, which represent "the luminous side of history."

Tonight -- Girls Night Out. We tried a new place and it was very yummy! Nine of us lovely ladies attended and had many laughs. Here's to the eight fabulous women, who left the kids and husband at home, and made it safely to the restaurant. You're marvelous and I look forward to another evening together. I appreciate your company!

I leave you with a little inspiration (hopefully).
"God delights to meet the faith of one who looks up to Him and says, "Lord, You know that I cannot do this---but I believe that You can!"
Amy Carmichael

No comments: