Monday, September 10, 2007

Birthday Dinner, Sports and more of Paul..of course

Howdy ya'll! That's Texas talk for hello friends....

We had a nice weekend. Saturday night was dinner with lots of friends at Bravo Cuccina Italiano to celebrate Danny's birthday. It is this Thursday, but he leaves for a men's retreat that day and will be gone all weekend. The evening provided excellent food, fellowship and fun! Many thanks to Terrence and Rhonda for paying for our meals. That was awfully kind and generous of you two and we thank you much! Damn..I should have had a another cocktail! :-)
The manager, Jesse, attended the same high school as Danny, Darren, Mike and Diane (all in attendance for dinner.) He is a very nice man and also very generous. He sent over a tier of 3 divine and delicious desserts and 11 plates! His treat for the bday boy and his gang! All I can say is YUMMY for Susan's tummy! Little Miss Caroline (age 2) enjoyed the tiramisu....must be the alcohol..she is IRISH!

I do need to mention (or maybe I shouldn't jinx it) that Master Paul has been sleeping a lot lately. Thursday night was a late night b/c I had a meeting at church and Danny has CFP class every Thurs..so Paulie did not get to bed until 10pm. However, he slept until 11:30am Friday! And he slept 12 hours Fri and 12 1/2 hours Sat night. Mommy is wearing him out!! AMEN!

Exciting news---Danny's childhood friend and now mine..and Paul's Godfather, Mike, is going to attend the Men's ACTS retreat this weekend. Danny is on team (again) and we are thrilled that Mike has decided to go!! He is ready and I know that timing is everything and God will let you know when it is your time to go....thankfully, Mike was listening. :-)

For my sports buddies out there....Texas, A&M (barely) pulled out a win and my alma mater...Kansas..painfully destroyed SE Louisiana...62-0! Rock Chalk Jayhawk baby! Moving to the PGA---Sixty is Nifty for Tiger Woods. He won his 60th major...and all at only 31 years of age! This is really quite an accomplishment. NFL over the weekend-- well, my favorite teams include Kansas City(lost), Detroit(won), Houston(beat Kansas City), St. Louis (lost), Indianapolis (won) and Tennessee (won)! And Halle Berry is 3 months pregnant. Not married however, but nonetheless..with child.

One more sport..I love MLB too! My Cardinals are the defending champions from 2006! American League East--Red Sox are on top. AL-Central...we have the Cleveland Indians on top. AL-West..LA Angels. National League East--the Mets..YUCK! NL-Central..close race between Milwaukee, Cubs and Cardinals! GO RED! NL West--Arizona Diamondbacks.

Before signing off for the night, I would like to complete my entry for today with some inspiring, encouraging words.
Choose to be happy! Happiness is a choice. We each have the power
to choose whether we will live a life filled with happiness or a life that’s thwart with pain and fear. Make a choice today. Start putting the pieces in place to live a happy, productive and faith fulfilled life.
And I hope this scripture verse empowers you like it has empowered me the last 5 days!
John 16:33 "I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world." AMEN

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Cubs! Only cuz the Sox aren't there and in a different league