Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Kansas Jayhawks Are Playing for the National Championship!

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK...GO FIGHT WIN! Awesome time at the Final Four last night. My co-worker and I got downtown around 4 and had some cold drinks at Rosario's before walking over to the Alamo Dome. Memphis and UCLA played the first game. Not as exciting as one would have thought for a semi-final Final Four game. I cheered for Memphis. They are big and athletic and easily won the game. Then, 45 min until my boys came out! Tip off was amazing and scary all at the same time. KU jumped out with a 31-10 lead. What in the world was going on with NC?! I was dumbfounded--but at the same time--THRILLED beyond words! They fought back and we went into halftime with a 17 point lead. I know the second half would be different. It was...... towards the end of the game, NC got within 4 points--but that was the closest they got--we pulled away and finished them off!!!! Final Score: KU 84 - NC 66. Yeah baby!!! I screamed and yelled so much my throat hurt. I was all decked out in my KU attire too! I had lots of fun and it was electrifying to be there--at the Final Four. What a rush!!!! I am going tomorrow night for the Championship Game. It will be tough but I think our boys will be ready! Beak 'Em Hawks--beat Memphis!!!

Danny took Paul to the zoo yesterday morning while I cleaned and did laundry. I also ran a ton of errands before leaving for the Final Four. More chores today and enjoying play time with my super fun little boy. I know I am bias, but he IS sooooo much fun to be around. He laughs like I do..and loves to be active and social. Gee, where does he get those traits?! You have to see his fish face---it will crack you up!

Danny leaves for Houston at 6:30am tomorrow. I have some appts at work, but otherwise will be focused on tomorrow night and prob won't be too productive at work.......oh well. Tomorrow night is HUGE!!!

We had our 6 month meeting with the gals from Brighton Thurs morning here at the house. We all agree that Master Paul is doing better but still has a long way to go with his pragmatic language skills. One of the therapists again suggested we get him tested for Autism. If it is an underlying factor, it has to be the high functioning type. But his pediatrician and us do not feel he has any type of Autism. He will continue to receive therapy from Brighton's ECI Program until he is 3--which is June 16. At that time, the school district takes over his speech therapy. I am hopeful we can get him where he needs to be in time for kindergarten.

I need to go clean up our bedroom...put shoes away and hang up some clothes and dust...and then vacuum once Paul awakes from his nap.

GO KANSAS! I know all my friends and family will cheer for KU! I am already nervous for the game tomorrow night...8pm!!!!

No comments: