Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Sick Little Boy

Paul battles congestion and a runny nose all the time. He has allergies and is on 2 kinds of meds..but STILL they don't eliminate the problem. And then what happens when he has all the congestion---ear infections. I could tell Fri and Sat he prob had them....cranky boy. But he had a ton of energy on Sat and he and Daddy went to the zoo while I laid low. I am not feeling well myself. So we decided late last night we would take him to Good Night Pediatrics today. I was convinced he had at least one ear infection. So this morning again--super cranky and then at 8:30am--he threw up. Three more times before we left at 11am. He was very lethargic and tired. He vomited 2 more times as we waiting for 90 min to see a doctor. Yep--2 ear infections and she believes he also has a bad sinus infection. Like Mama like Paulie. UGH! He was holding his little tummy b/c it hurt. Poor baby. I almost cried looking at him and knowing he felt really bad. Dr. Payne prescribed Zofran for the upset tummy and naturally an antibiotic for his infections. Both he and Danny are sleeping right now.

April 25 is Paul's surgery. He is having his adenoids out and tubes put into his ears. God I hope this helps with all the damn ear infections. Fortunately, all these infections have not affected his hearing....yet anyway. Danny goes to Houston tomorrow and I really don't want to miss work. I was out Fri b/c I felt like crapola. But--Paul has to come first and work will have to understand I suppose. We'll see how the rest of the day and night goes. The doctor said if he doesn't throw up anymore--he might be ok for school tomorrow. Uh, we'll see!

The Masters is on and I am off to watch it. I have not checked ESPN yet and do not know who is in the lead.

2 comments:

Osh said...

I will keep Paulie in my prayers. Evan had the same surgery...he was up and bouncing around in no time.

Anonymous said...

Susan, Hold on there! Paul is going to be just fine. RJ and Ryan both had the tubes, and went back the next year to have the tubes and adenoids removed. As your friend said, they were each up and running around in no time! It's amazing how resilient the little ones are. It's the mommies and daddies that suffer for them! We will keep Paul, you, and Danny in our prayers. Hugs!!