Friday, April 11, 2008

Mario's Miracle Shot......

heard all around the sports world on Monday, April 7, 2008!!! With a couple of seconds left in the NCAA Championship game--KU's Mario Chalmers hit a 3 pointer to tie the game and send it into overtime!! Amazing!!! Kansas had life and I had a feeling we would win in OT! Danny was in Houston so his cousin Roddy went with me to the game..at the Alamo Dome! We ate dinner at Rosario's beforehand.....drinks included. Then we walked over to the dome and cheered on my boys to victory! It was one of the best college bb games ever!!!! Mario's shot might be the best and biggest shot ever in KU's history! The celebration started and I cried a little when the clock hit 0! We stayed for the celebration, post game remarks, presenting of the trophy and the traditional showing of ONE SHINING MOMENT on CBS!

Speculation quickly went to Coach Self possibly leaving KU and head to coach his alma mater--Oklahoma State. Those damn media people---can we please enjoy this incredible moment?! Coach Bill Self announced yesterday--he is NOT going to talk with OSU and will remain at Kansas. I knew he would--at least for now. OSU is not a premier bb program like a KU, UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA.

We had 2 Memphis fans infront of us during the game and she thought my screaming was a bit loud. She actually asked me to pipe down--uh no! This is is national championship game girlfriend...move if you don't like it! And I went bizerk when we took the game to OT--b/c Memphis had it won with 2 min left in regulation. We showed great poise and skill and took the game from underneath those pesky Memphis Tigers. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK--KU WINS and WE'RE #1!!!!!!

This was a season of destiny.......and those who know college BB understand why. I cannot wait to get my National Champions t-shirt!!

Here is a picture of downtown Lawrence, KS--home of the KU Jayhawks after we won! Party on friends!!!!

No comments: