Thursday, July 5, 2007

Quick..it's not raining here right now....

Ahhh yes, the rain came pouring down about an hour ago. Now, sunny and I assume a little muggy outside. This morning was decent..cloudy and not too hot! Paul and I ran an errand and then he played at Kid Space so I could visit Target and have lunch with my friend JoAnne.

Paul is napping now and we'll see how long it lasts since he was up until 11:30 last night and up at 7:15am today! Our sweet friends Julie and David Seguin invited us to go out to David's brother's home last night for a BBQ and fireworks! Keith Seguin is married to Cindy. Cindy attended the ACTS retreat in April and I had the chance to visit with her a little. She is VERY sweet and I was excited to see her again. They live in Spring Branch..close to Canyon Lake. A beautiful new home on a cul-de-sac. The lot next door and across the street are available and after last night..Danny and I both wish to live out there! Cindy's Mom was there too and Mary and Ken Melley and 2 of their 3 kids. And Audrey Seguin was there too...she is 14. Cindy's son Kyle also present. He turns 16 this Sunday I think..or Monday. Oh to be 16 again....seriously, no thank you! And some other friends were there too. James, Michelle and their little toddler Thomas. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, salsa, deer sausage, and all the drinks possible! Yummy food! Paul made a few friends. He seemed to like Dr. David Seguin a lot. Grabbed his hand and led him over to the couch so they could sit together..WAY cute! And Paul also liked Mr. Ken Melley. And I say..what is not to like about these 2 men?! And the FIREWORKS they set off....unreal, beautiful, and so much fun! There was a lot of clapping, running back, smoke, laughing, oooooing and ahhhing...even some liturgical dancing with sparklers! Did I mention wine, beer and margarita's?! Sonterra should hire Keith, David and Ken and the teenage boys (Kyle and Trey) to do their fireworks next year.....awesome dudes!

Then back inside for dessert! Paul was still awake and running around the house laughing and being silly. I don't know where he gets that behavior from...do any of you?! :-) We left Spring Branch around 10:45. And your question..did Paul fall asleep in the car.... UH NO! I think he had such a good time he was flying high..like his Mommy! On the way home I about cried when I told Danny how much fun I had and that it felt like being with family! And they really are family..our Holy Trinity family. I know..kinda corny...BUT TRUE!!

Victoria M and Audrey S were asking Julie, Mary and I what our wedding songs were? And I told them they had at least 10 years before they had to think about that! But, Victoria already had her song picked out and I cannot recall right now. Us girls busted out with singing and dancing while the "men" where lighting the fireworks. Did I mention there was a blowtorch?! At one time, Julie asked for the blowtorch to light some firecrackers and Audrey and I said..UH NO..keep the torch out of her hands please..we were a little worried.....

Don't be surprised if our new address one day soon is *** Jackson Creek, Spring Branch, TX!!!
Thank you to Keith and Cindy for allowing us to crash their party! It was the VERY BEST time! I don't think I have had so much fun on the 4th in MANY MANY years! Thanks for the memories and all the good food! I took ZZ and Erin's broccoli salad..it was a hit!

Back to some chores while P is still sleeping.....

No comments: