Friday, June 29, 2007

911 Please...My Internet Connection is down!!!

Some of you know that I am addicted to my email and web. I know..kind of sad. I agree..BUT nonetheless, late this morning our phone service went down...oh for about 4 hours. Yes, that's right T and M--4 hours!! T & M are 2 friends of mine who are also addicted to their email! The worst part was that my mind seemed sharp and I had lots to write about on my blog. However, now it is almost 3pm, which is usually my down time each day. A time when I feel I need a nap, or chocolate or something to get me thru the next 2 hours.

Paul is napping. Fellow Mommies...is Paul starting a new phase? I think this is probably normal behavior for a 2 year old. He has been fighting his nap the past 3 days. He IS tired, but when we go into his room to read some books and get a fresh diaper..he has started saying "no." He loves to read books, but pushes them away and tries to squirm off my lap. I imagine to go back to the family room and play..or chase Miss Oreo around the house. Regrettably, I actually yelled at him to lie down and take a nap. After I thought, uh Susan..that will not work and that is not Christ like. However, within 5 minutes he was quiet and another 5....asleep! And I quietly cried on the couch wondering what my problem is..... freaked Oreo out. She is like her Mommy and brother..ultra sensitive!

Before I get to some items I wanted to share with the few who do read my blog..I must say that Paul and I are picking up 2 delightful kids at 4pm today. Michelle and Robert..10 and 7! Their parents are on their way to the coast for a couples' weekend retreat. I am taking the kids to see Fantastic Four tonight! Little do they know I am probably more excited about it than they are...especially since they do not know this yet! :-) Tomorrow..Fiesta Texas. Please no rain until after 4 tomorrow..... I heard Robert is excited to spend time with his new friend, Oreo Marie Niño. The very first time he was ever here at our home he wanted her to stay away, now he seems to get annoyed if she won't go near him. Kids are so funny that way....

Word of the Day = Perspective
Relief from the Mommy siren.......when you feel depleted by the constant demand of your children, read these encouraging passages. They just might put life's irritations back into perspective while you feel the warm embrace of our loving heavenly Father, God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disasters, to give you a future and a hope."

Jeremiah 31:3 "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself."

1 Samuel 2:1 "Then Hannah prayed: My heart rejoices in the Lord! The Lord has made me strong. Now I have an answer for my enemies; I rejoice because you rescued me."

And read Isaiah 40:29-31


Zany Zoo Ideas...
Name the animals (has anyone ever done this?) - and identify which animals have feathers, large teeth, fins or fur, etc.

Waddle - like a penguin, growl like a lion or bounce/hop like a kangaroo. You all know I have done all these!! I am a silly Mommy indeed!

Good zoo (animal) books to read...Good Night, Gorilla; Curious George; Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

**And does anyone know when Vesuvius Day is? It is the Italian volcano that erupted a long time ago....like 80A.D. And more trivia for you....July is Skyscraper Month!

I suppose I should make up the guest bed for my little friends coming.... Would it be wrong to put our guests to work this weekend? Help dust, yardwork, clean garage??!!

Have a blessed day!



No comments: