Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rest of weekend and shout out to Tonie Taylor!

Tuesday night--SPURS play tonight. Just put Paul down to bed. I hear him chattering in there. We had a great day together. He listened well and we went for a walk around the neighborhood at 3pm..HOT, HOT, HOT. While we were out we saw our neighbor and church friend Claudia. She could not believe we were out in the heat. But my boy is strong willed and a real manly man--he can take the heat. But can Mom?! It's true what they say about chunky (fat) people...we do sweat a lot! But I have to say..even when I was in high school and college and weighed under 125, I still was a sweaty girl. So, maybe the whole weight thing really has nothing to do with it..maybe it's my DNA...??!!

Getting back to our weekend...since Paul has a nasty cough and 2 ear infections, I went to church by myself Sat night and then Danny went Sunday morning. He had to EM anyway.
One of our ACTS brothers from church lost his Dad last week and the rosary was Sunday afternoon. A couple we are close to..Meliza and Bill..brought over their kids..Michelle and Robert and I stayed home with them and Paul so Danny and Bill and Meliza could go. I taught M and R to play Phase 10. It's a card game that I learned a long time ago from my dear friend Pam. It has 10 rounds and it took us an hour and a half. I think they enjoyed it. Then we had ice cream and hung out. Paul was asleep the entire time they were here. Something like 3 hours. Then, Meliza and Michelle babysat Paul so Danny and I could attend our monthly Teams of Our Lady meeting. Six Catholic couples all trying to put Christ in the center of their marriage. It is a great community and we are 20 teams strong here in SA. TOOL started in France in the 1940's...I wonder if anyone in Tony Parker's (SA SPUR) family is involved in TOOL?!

A SHOUT OUT to my hair stylist (artist) Tonie Taylor. She went to a new salon and has her own room. I think on Maile's blog it says her new company name is "Tonie's Cut, Curl Up And Dye." My neighbor Natalie told me about her over a year ago and I love her! Maile sees Miss Tonie too! Call her and make an appt....you will be glad you did! Salon At The Oaks and her number is 489-7801. I have her cell number but will not share that with the world. :-) Tonie joined us last week for Girls Night Out. I wonder what she thought?! I have not asked her yet......Tonie, what did you think? I know..you thought I was so quiet and polite...hardly girlfriend! One more tidbit...ok two....I think I recall her telling me once that she used to be a radio DJ...but not here in SA...and she is getting married next summer! Her ring is beautiful!

My Dad and Jean arrive on Thursday from STL. My brother, his wife and Miss Lauren arrive Fri night. They are all coming to help celebrate Paulie's 2nd birthday--which is Saturday! We're all going to the zoo first thing Sat morning and the party is in the afternoon from 3-5 at the Blue Cactus Cafe over here by our home. Bring on the beer I say.....!!! And it better be cold!

One more thing before I head out to the couch to cheer on the SPURS.....my 20 year high school reunion is in October. And I think I might go! I have been in touch with a few of my classmates recently. Rich Berra has a morning radio show in AZ! I listened in this week for about 30 minutes. He sounds the same! He is married and has 2 kiddos. And from his email today..he is booked and ready to go for STL in October. So now I suppose I have to go so he will have someone to talk to! And his email also said that he talked about an email I sent him on his show today..I wonder what he talked about? Ya'll know I have a lot to share and I could supply him with a ton of material. But now I can probably never live in AZ....all my secrets will be aired over the radio waves....thanks Rich. Does Rich know that Clear Channel is headquartered in SA?! He better watch out..I know people.....!!!!!

Tomorrow brings cleaning, exercising and more cleaning. And I plan to make a nice dinner for Danny. I usually go out Wed nights, but am staying home tomorrow night to get ready for my company. So, this will be a change...eating together on Wed night!

Adios dudes!

No comments: