Tuesday, June 26, 2007

BIG DAY for Paul and Mommy....


I took Paul to his first movie theatre experience. Tina and Michelle told me about how some of the Regal cinemas have free movies on Tuesdays for kids. So, my friend Rhonda and her 2 kids and the two of us headed to Northwoods this morning at 9:40 to see Curious George at 10am. Rhonda and her hubby, Terrence, are members of our team for Teams of Our Lady. http://www.teamsofourlady.org/ We have been together since January 2002. Miss Caroline is 2 months older than Paul and the Murphy's have a new addition..Luke Crawford arrived in April. He came to the movie too. I must say that both Caroline and Paul behaved like champs! They both laughed a lot, and of course my sensitive boy cried a little when he thought Ted or George was hurt or scared. Wow--he really is a mini ME! :-) Back home for lunch and a nap.


Paul got his first haircut from Tonie in early May. He needed another one and Tina told me about Toon Klips on Blanco. They specialize in haircuts for young people. We went at 4:30. So many toys! Paul got to watch Barney while sitting on my lap and getting his hair cut. For the most part--he did well. The hardest part was around the ears b/c Paulie would not hold still. I held his arms and another gal held his head while the one cut around the ears. Whew...we all survived! Above is his "after" picture.


It was 5pm now and on our way home we stopped at Walker Ranch Park. Paul played and played...then we went for a walk. Sixty minutes later...we were both hot and sweaty!


I just put the love to bed. He wants to be held the past few days. He would not let go of my neck when I put him in the crib. I was a sucker....so we sat in the rocker and read 2 more books. Daddy is at his CFP study group tonight. One of the gentleman in his class is a CPA and tonight is signing forms to allow Danny to manage his money! Rock on dudes.... And this CPA has clients he wants Danny to meet. Even better!! Praise God!


I am wiped out myself. I love being with Paul and doing things with him, but come 8pm..I am usually ready for bed! Is that wrong/pathetic? I bet if I were 27 it would be different..but I am 37....well, almost 38! And a side note....have lost 4 lbs...30+ to go!!!

No comments: