Thursday, September 25, 2008

Oh So Close.....

Disappointing news to report....Danny did not pass the most difficult CFP exam...yet that is. He thought he had missed passing by 12 questions--but it is only 8 questions. I think he told me there is something like 290 on the exam. Of his seven classmates...4 passed and 3 did not. The three who did not pass....are planning to take it again Nov 21 and Nov 22. So, all those CFP books are back spread out all over the kitchen table (AGAIN!) and my poor husband is back to studying for another two months. The national pass rate is 55%. My friend Evin said she missed passing the Kansas Bar Exam by 0.0025%----the first time she took that dreaded exam. OUCH!


Is it getting old to say---I had another busy week?!?! I am thrilled that tomorrow is Friday! Yippy Skippy!


Danny used his birthday money and bought a really nice new suit today! Ralph Lauren dark grey--super sweet and he looks oh so nice in it! It was on sale.....$294..from something like $450. If you have never seen Danny in a suit..with one of his fancy Nordstrom shirts and $100 tie -- you must one day! He looks fabulous if I do say so myself!


We are meeting with Paul's NEISD Speech Pathologist tomorrow morning at 8:30. Her name is Anne and all her notes to us have been encouraging. I am looking forward to the meeting. She sees Paul Tues and Thurs mornings for 30 min each time.

**Brief interruption .......coming home tonight I had my windows down and there was a dead skunk in the road and seriously---I about threw up. The smell was horrific. I think the worse ever!!! I really do think the smell is still all over by body...b/c as I sit here typing this entry...I am about to gag!!!!


Danny is playing in the SPURS golf tournament tomorrow at Canyon Springs Golf Club. My company is a sponsor (our owners are also investors in the SPURS) and there is a foursome playing. Lucky him! I am going to drive the beer cart!


Ok, what I am about to share next is rather sad and heartbreaking. I have been reading this young gal's blog for about 8-10 weeks now. I ask you to check it out and pray for her these next several weeks. She is pregnant and having a C-Section in 13 days. In all honesty--I would never be able to do what she is doing--never!!


Shifting again---there was a bridal shower for one of our young co workers last Sunday. Janice opened up her lovely home to all of us silly gals. Well ok, I am probably the silliest of them all. I was the "official" photograpeher and tried to capture a nice party. Leave it to Marta to go and buy something OFF her registry. One item was a set of cards with sex positions....cartoon pics with names. If you are a prude...don't look below.......but it was oh so funny to watch and take pictures of a few of the gals whooting and hollaring over them and checking ALL of them out!!! They said they needed ideas.....!!!! TMI First---a picture of the cute young soon to be bride--Kayla.



No comments: