Sunday, September 14, 2008

Huricane Ike

It's been a week full of worry and anticipation - with not knowing where old Ike would come ashore. At one point, it was headed towards Corpus Christi. CC is only 120 miles from San Antonio, so if that were to happen--we would have had some rough weather. But it shifted east and the eye went right over SE Houston - near Galveston - near Friendswood, TX (where Danny's family lives). Have you seen all the devastation?! To quote EVERY news person Thurs, Fri and Sat -- if anyone stayed near Galveston or those zip codes who had mandatory evacuations--"they are fools!" Property and stubbornness are not worth risking lives for.....!!!! I don't think many people really understood the magnitude of this hurricane. It was no Hurricane Rita from 3 years ago. Ike took up most of the Gulf of Mexico for pete's sake!!! With a few million without power--it will be a long recovery. But if you're alive and well -- that is most important.

Work was busy of course. Trying to get new business and meeting with people who can assist with that! Working on a project - well three really. Danny's 43rd birthday was yesterday. He and Paul were scheduled to travel to Houston and return home tomorrow. By Tues this week - we knew that wasn't going to happen. So, he and Paul went to the zoo yesterday while I did some cleaning and laundry. Then we met a group of friends at BIGZ Burger Joint last night to celebrate Danny. It was fun and after Paul went to bed we watched Flightplan. It was an ok movie. I wouldn't rush out to rent it though...we give it 3 stars..out of five.

We have our Teams meeting today at 5pm and after I need to visit with my care receiver. I am a Stephen Minister and I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. Then of course it's getting ready for the work and school week. I have a big client meeting Thurs night at 6 and a UTHSC event at the Grand Hyatt downtown Sat night. One of our owners asked for specifically for Danny and I to attend and sit at our company table. Uh, sure Charlie--anything you want dude!! We just need a sitter for Paul.

Before I attempt more chores--while Paul is asleep and Danny is watching NFL -- below are some recent movies I rented and I would recommend them.

Moondance Alexander
Love's Unfolding Dream
Charlie Wilson's War
21
National Treasure - Book of Secrets
Rendition
Jack and Jill vs The World
Under the Same Moon

I am also reading a few books right now ---
for Teams of Our Lady - Covenant Marriage by Gary Chapman
for my new GNO Bible Study Group - Discerning the Voice of God
before bed - North Carolina Brides
for Paul - Dr. Atwood's book on Asperger's Syndrome
for work - Get More Referrals Now and The Referral of a Lifetime

No comments: