Saturday, September 20, 2008

Help - I am Drowning!

S.O.S. - chunky, MWF needs help! Remember what the wicked witch of the West said at the end of the movie - "I'm melting.....I'm melting!" Well, imagine me standing here in my study saying with a slight whine..."I'm drowning...I'm drowning!"

A FULL week of work and a lot of running around and work appts. My days are long and tiring! In an out of the car..in and our of the office....networking events at night.....meeting with clients at night......all the while feeling that annoying chronic pain! No rest for the weary either! Last night I never really sat sit until oh about 10pm. Errands, laundry, picking up the dang house. All before noon today I did: Grocery Store, Cleaners, Post Office, took 4 HUGE bags of stuff to the St. PJ's Children's Home thrift store and a pedicure!

Danny is SUPER pissy and annoyed b/c the damn CFP exam result letter STILL has not gotten here. Three of his buddies got theirs on Thurs--one failed and two passed. So, we thought--ok, Friday it will come.....NOPE! Ok, it will arrive today......NOPE! GEEZ LOUISE people in Washington DC!! They said all letters were mailed Tuesday - so what is up with Danny not getting his yet!

I need to run one more errand and continue picking up and laundry. The SOS is for help cleaning my house. There is NEVER anytime to get it done and at this time--we really cannot afford to have someone come in. What we really need is this great company I used 4 years ago to do a big overhaul and major cleaning. The cost is like $350! But then it is easier to keep the house up and running and I don't feel like I am drowning!!!!!

We must leave here at 5:45 today to take Paul to a co-workers house and then on downtown to the Grand Hyatt for tonight's UTHSC event. Danny will wear a tux and I have a cocktail dress and fancy accessories of course...all found in my jewelry stand and closet--nothing new!

Here's a dare to all of you.......look back at the entire month of August and calculate how much you spent on gas. (then post a comment here) Let me know if you have 1, 2 or more cars. We have 2 cars and we both have sales jobs. Our total car gas bill for August was $495!!!

Have a superb day peeps! Rock on!

1 comment:

Osh said...

we have 2 cars and spent over 1k on gas. Scott has an hour drive to work...it was a hard month. September isn't looking better because I am now driving Evan to and from school...132 miles a day.