Sunday, September 7, 2008

2008 Parade of Homes

The 2008 Parade of Homes will come to a close in 15 minutes. This year's parade was a success--I think anyway. Nine custom home builders -- all awesome! One of my clients and favorite people had a home this year...#9! His name is Don Craighead and is a super sweet man. He became my VIP insurance client back in 2001 and I recently took him away from my former employer--it's me he loves! He won the Realtors Choice award -- their favorite!
And I do believe he will win the People's Choice Award. Folks could vote for their favorite as they left. I didn't have to work it too much -- and persuade them to vote for #9 -- his masterpiece was the overwhelming favorite. I worked the event 4 days and had a good time, but am also wiped out! It ain't cool here in South Texas lately.....

Don has a lovely wife, Nell, who is his decorator. And three daughter--Julie, Jill and Jenny. Julie is my age..well, she is 5 months older than me! Sometimes I tell people..he has 3 +1 daughters--and I am the +1! I mentioned that to him this week and he said..sure..at least I think he said that! :-)

We met some friends for lunch today at 11. Paul had a good time and behaved very well! He loves Diane, Adrian and Uncle Barney. Daddy and Barney have been friends since first grade -- so, a VERY long time!! Barney lives in Arlington, but has been here all week on vacation. After lunch we went to Barney's parent's house--which is always fun and interesting. See, Joe and Mary Esther Bernal are BIG TIME Democrats. Joe B was once a Texas Senator and now serves on the State Board of Education's Board. Mr. Bernal went to the DNC........he and Danny really get into talking politics. This time, very little was said as Joe needed help with his computer and it was Adrian to the rescue. Mary Esther, Danny, Diane, Barney and I entertained Paul with these neato cards Mrs. Bernal had. Animals, animals, animals--Paul's favorite thing! He did a phenomenal job of naming most of them. He also did a super job of putting them all back into their case----he has excellent fine motor skills!

While Paul was napping today I ran off to get a much needed pedicure. My feet were raw and ugly from all the standing and walking I did this week at the Parade of Homes. We're having pizza for dinner and then I have some things to do before bed. I am going to get up at 5:45 and go for a 45 min walk...so I am charging my IPOD and will get my walking clothes out tonight.

How did Sunday night arrive so quickly. Seems like it was just Friday @ 5pm. UGH!

While I have been typing this blog entry, I have my ITUNES open and have been listening to an array of music. Everything from Madonna, Selah, Carrie Underwood, Loverboy, ZZ Top, Motley Crue, Mark Harris, Pink, Karina, Matchbox 20. I love music and a variety--can you tell?!

I don't know about any of you--but I am often discouraged and need my faith and God to help me turn it all around. So, I share this with you--if you ever need it!

Psalm 138: 7 - "Lord, even when I have trouble all around me, you will keep me alive. When my enemies are angry, you will reach down and save me by your power."

Father, God -- help us to minimize our struggles; yet, at the same time,help us recognize that any struggle we have is small in comparison to the great God we serve. AMEN

The boys are back---with PIZZA!! Gotta run....adios!

No comments: