Sunday, August 3, 2008

Papa Bought Mama a New Pair of Shoes!

My friend Tina just said either Thursday or Friday--well, no more new shoes since you just bought a car! I agreed--UNTIL, we saw this really COOL pair of shoes at Nordstrom last night. Danny actually saw them and loved them! He said,"try them on!" So, I painfully agreed. YOWZA----so cute and so me! Boutique9 slides....rosey/purple leather knotted....shimmery... Don't feel bad for Danny friends--he bought himself a new dresshirt and a new tie! I will post pics of my new shoes and his new tie soon! We had a date night to celebrate my birthday--which was July 21. Tina, Todd, Zachary and Makayla entertained Paul for about 4 hours while we dined at SPICE and shopped at La Cantera (or as my friend Gloria and I call it - Holy Ground!)

I went to The Haven and Laurels today with Laila to serve communion to the elderly. We actually hold a prayer service at The Laurels. I did the Gospel reading for today and a brief reflection. It went well. They are all so appreciative of us and the time we spend there. Danny, Paul and I went for pizza tonight and then home to play before bath and bed!

Danny is now at the driving range hitting balls. He is playing golf tomorrow afternoon and needed to practice!

Want some news? Danny's brother's wife - Veronica - is pregnant! I think due in March. I don't know if she has been to the doctor yet. They live in Houston - well, Friendswood really. It was a surprise....those are fun! My co worker Nicole finds out tomorrow if she is having a boy or a girl. The Chinese gender predictor calendar says BOY. I have used this thing for about 14 pregnancies and it has been right every time!!!! You must know the age of the Mother when she conceived the child and the month the child was conceived...and it helps to know general time frame of that month.....

So, with that..I leave you with this tonight.....

1 Corinthians 13:5 "Love doesn't fly off the handle...."
No Mom can be perfect all the time. We all lose our tempers. We all complain. We all get grouchy. But God knew that when He created us. He knew our flesh would win out once in a while. That's why He sent Jesus to save us from our sins, so we can repent for our grouchy attitudes and move forward in love. So get those grouchies off and let love control you today and everyday!

2 comments:

Osh said...

gah! I am a horrid friend for not remembering your birthday! Hope it was lovely and yay for new shoes!

Anonymous said...

Interesting post..! My dad also got a cool pair of shoes from Nordstrom and gifted to my mom on her birthday anniversary.