Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sick Again...

Ugh---I need to start taking allergy medicine on a regular basis again. Because once my allergies kick in--it almost always turns into a sinus infection. Alas, Sunday afternoon I started feeling sick and I got worse. So, I stayed home yesterday and went to the TX Med Clinic. At that time, I had no fever, so the brilliant doctor (NOT) decided not to give me antibiotics--BIG mistake. Around 4pm I started having chills and a 102 degree temperature! I called TX Med Clinic around 6 and they said--the dr is gone, but they hope he will call in. So, I took my Mucinex D and the prescription cough medicine (with codeine) and went to bed around 8:30. I was up every hour coughing and blowing my nose. I still felt weak and had a fever this morning and Danny begged me to stay home one more day. It stresses me out to miss work -- a lot to do! I took the cough medicine again this morning and slept from 8-11am. I do feel better this afternoon--no fever.

We have our Clay Shoot tomorrow at work from 3-9 at the National Shooting Complex. I hope it's not super hot! And then Friday night I am beginning to see some of my MOPS gal pals again. A group of them have a once a month Fri night book club and I was asked to join! I am excited about spending time with old friends and women who are thoughtful. This Fri night is at Yvonne's home. She and I became good friends last year when I started asking for help with Paul. She has a 4 year old son who has sensory issues and language delay. She is the Mommy who recommended Dr. McCray---our pediatrician. From the moment I took Paul to see her last September, I loved her! She is amazing and has incredible bed side manners and is oh so smart!

Can you believe this weekend is Labor Day? Where has 2008 gone?! My sister-in-law's 40th birthday is September 1. I forgot to ask my brother if they have anything special planned for her. Sept. 8 is my brother-in-law's birthday and my best pal Evin's and then Danny's 43rd birthday is September 13.

So, I am feeling a little light headed right now and need to go lie down.
2 Corinthians 5:6-7 says, "Therefore, being always of good courage...we walk by faith, not by sight."

1 comment:

Osh said...

I hope you feel better soon!