Monday, August 18, 2008

Eleven Years in San Antonio

This past weekend marked 11 years I have lived in the Alamo City. Hard to believe sometimes it has been that long. I have lived in 3 homes --the townhouse, my apt on Austin Highway and this house! God knew what he was doing bringing me here. I have the greatest husband and incredible little boy--thank you God.

This weekend was a little lazy--but that's ok given the weekend before was toooooo busy! I spent Sunday afternoon watching The Secret. I have been wanting to watch it for several months now. It was really awesome and I highly suggest you all watch it (and take notes) too!

Paul is so funny. He is watching BAMBI again this weekend and tonight...and probably tomorrow and the next day too. He imitates so many of the scenes. Yesterday, he ran out of the family room and then regally walked back in with his head high--just as Bambi's Father was doing so in the movie. We cracked up --- oh how I wish I had it on video. Somehow, I think I will be able to capture it-I am sure he will do it again. How did he know to run out and then come back in...walking like a King...head up..serious look on his face. Can you visualize??!!

This is another busy week with work...appts, evening events, Paul's evaluation results from the school district, etc. And then Sat night is a 40th birthday celebration for a friend at Stone Werks - at The Quarry. I am so happy it's not StoneWerks at The Vineyard----do not really like that location one bit! Stone Werks at The Quarry brings back so many memories of 1998 -- working downtown and going there every Thurs and sometimes Fri night after work. Live music, dancing, drinking, having fun. I am really looking forward to this party!

My friend's Debra and John (who lost their baby boy to SIDS in June) are getting away tomorrow - Friday. Yeah for them! They are visiting a resort and spa in Phoenix and a few of us sorority sisters have something special planned for them....... And while in Phoenix will be having dinner with 2 Alpha Phi's....Patti and Karla! Everyone should have a friend like Debra! I am lucky--I have a few incredible best friends! Maybe I can will it so that Debra, John and Olivia move to SA--or we can move to Kansas City........wishing upon a star.......

Here's a thought.......if you're having a bad hair day -- maybe Jesus just rubbed your head?!

No comments: