Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Welcome Houlihan's to SA!

Ahhhh, tonight was GNO..Girls Night Out. We visited a new restaurant in San Antonio, but not new to Tina or myself. Us Mid-West gals know of this place...Houlihan's. Established in Kansas City in 1972 and Chicago and STL have this chain. Sitting there I realized that a couple of the gals were not even born yet! Dare I call them out...Courtney and Maile....!!!! Way to go..two skinny, pretty and young gals hanging out with me. Who paid them?!

Before I attempt to drift off to a deep sleep, I need to write a little diddy about prayer.
Prayer is the opposite of leisure. It's something to be engaged in, not indulged in. It's a job you give first priority to, performing not when you have energy left for nothing else. "Pray when you feel like praying," somebody has said. "Pray when you don't feel like praying. Pray until you do feel like praying." If we pray only "at our leisure"--that is, at our own convenience--can we be true disciples? Jesus said, "Anyone who wants to follow me must put aside his own desires and conveniences" (Luke 9:23 ).

Prayer is like fancy perfume from Paris. It costs a great deal. It doesn't seem to accomplish much (as we mortals assess things). It soon dissipates. But God likes the smell.

Pray without ceasing.
P.U.S.H. Pray Until Something Happens

No comments: