Wednesday, May 9, 2007

20 Years Ago.....

I graduated from high school in STL. When Danny had his 20 year reunion in October 2004, I thought, damn..you're old! Now I guess I am getting older...ho hum! Small world...an old high school friend..who is the one that first got me interested in attending Kansas...lives 6 miles from my brother in CO. He has a little girl...very cute...and his wife stays home. Who knew he and his family lived so close to Tom and Alleson...and Miss Lauren!

Mom and Wayne arrive today at 5:30. Picking them up and then we're off to meet Danny at Chester's. Paul is napping right now and I have been busy making brownies, laundry, cleaning the tub and cleaning the kitchen. I cannot wait to see them. We have not seen them since Thanksgiving. They have been tied up with the move, building their new home in MI and visiting my 2 new nephews in Seattle and Denver.

Monday night was a gathering of some of my dearest sisters from church. COPA wine bar welcomed us! David..or as Jackie...the older(est) in the group called him..hottie...was our server. We were about 15 strong and he did an awesome job keeping all of us happy. Naturally, a smaller group ventured to another location once we closed done COPA at 10pm. And yes, I was part of the smaller group. Cross Eyed Seagull was our next stopping place. Tina, Mary, Julie, Vicky, Madeline and myself enjoyed one more cocktail before going home to our husbands. I do believe many of them were not too thrilled with how late we arrived home..after 12 midnight! My old man was cool because I called him at 10 and then at 11:30 or so. So he knew....although he did say...if you get sick, I am not helping you during the night..like he does when I am sick.

I have come across some really fabulous toys...check them out on the web. 1. Mega Blocks--Wizard of Oz. I think I might get this for Paulie for his bday. 2. Neurosmith Music Blocks and 3. Automoblox---6 or 7 models of cars for ages 3+. Paul will be getting one next year!!!

I added some new songs to my IPOD recently.... and am always looking for more. So, if you have any suggestion for me...let me know!! I love all types of music! Cheers! Or as I like to say..KAMPAI!

No comments: