Friday, May 18, 2007

Visit from parents and other info

My Mom and Wayne arrived on May 9. It was so great to see them. We saw them last at Thanksgiving. Thursday was their 21st wedding anniversary. They love my king ranch chicken so I made that for them...only after the 3 of us took Master Paul to the zoo in the AM. He loved the lions, but hated the flamingo's..that's my boy!

We had a great visit with my parents. It was so nice to be with my Mom on Mother's Day. I have no clue when the last time that happened. Probably something like at least 10 years+. They flew back home to MI on Tuesday.

Wednesday was GNO. We went to Stonewerks for dinner and drinks. Then the usual suspects went on to another place for more cocktails. Although, Tort Tort had water and I had a virgin strawberry something....... Got home later than Danny likes...but has forgiven me.

I have had a busy week, cleaning up after the visit, keeping up with Paul, catching up with some friends like Tina, Marge, Debra and my Dad. My sorority sister Debra lives in KC and has a daughter Olivia...who will be 2 in Nov. She is expecting another and I found out it's a BOY! I think he is arriving in October. And Debra will love this info I am sharing..she will be 40 on October 19! Go Debra!!! Had lunch with a friend from my days at Frost..Donna. We had Mexican and I enjoyed our visit. She now works at Wells Fargo and happens to work with a friend from church..Stephanie! Small world....

Paul loves to be outside and he often will grab your hand and walk you over to the front door and try and turn the knob to go out..and if you don't go out...watch out!!!! I took him to a local park and we went walking on the trail. The whole time we are gone on this trail, I pray to God that no one hurts us or tries to abduct my son. Today my thoughts were a little wild...if someone attacked me...I asked they not hurt Paul and attack me but not too much that when it is over..I am able to grab my boy and get back to the library for help. Doesn't really make for a pleasant walk...but Paul enjoys all the trees, wildflowers and butterflies....then he played on the equipment for about 20 min before we headed home.

Dinner tonight with Gloria at Piatti. Salads, bottle of wine, ravioli and smores for 2! And she paid..silly GG! I need to get her tipsy more often. HA HA HA We had a nice visit about my ACTS retreat, her new job, and a new man she has met..Frank. We are kindred spirits and I always enjoy my time with Gloria. She is so cool and funny! She is the friend (from another parish) who talked me into going on my first ACTS retreat in 2004. Bless u GG for pushing me to go!

I should be packing. We're going to Houston in the AM. Our nephew's bday party. Danny is watching the SPURS game. If we win tonight--we win the series. GO SPURS GO!!

Adios amigos!

No comments: