Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where has October gone?

Good afternoon!

So much to write about from this week. It was a pretty good week at work. Although, I really believe my true calling/passion is to develop and motivate people. Help them to be successful in both their personal and professional life. I landed a HUGE account for my agency and was thrilled. I am not working on the next BIG account

Paul's NEISD Speech Pathologist, Anne, wrote that Paul's speech has really developed since the end of August. She almost seems really impressed and amazed that a child has made such great strides in less than 2 months. Anne sees Paul at Brighton two times a week for 30 min each visit. He also seems to be able to control his emotions better..especially when he is upset or unsure about something. He is such a SILLY boy. Everyday this week the teachers would say..Paul can make everyone laugh when there is a tense moment or they are all just sitting around the table doing a fun activity. He comes by it naturally..... Now, I was NEVER the class clown and his teachers assure me - they believe he is simply trying to make everyday fun for all of them. So, I guess one would call him the pre school entertainer?!

Lots of birthdays this month.......sweet little Logan would have turned one year old on October 16. Sadly, he died of SIDS on June 5. And Logan's Mommy and Aunt Julie (twins) turned 41 on October 19. Mackenzie turned 3. Letty turned 39. Zach turned 17. My friend Larry turned 60 something on October 24 and my good friend Lori turns 41 on October 30. There are many more....but I don't wish to bore you with dates.

I have been going through clothes, toys and baby items. My sister in law comes to SA next Sat is due in March. They got rid of everything when they moved into their new home and then...well, sex happened! I am also taking some items to a new resale shop near my home. I have many toys and clothes they are basically brand new. The money I get for those items will go into Paul's 529 Plan.

Last Saturday was a baby shower for a lovely young gal on my team..Nicole. She is expecting her first child..a boy..on December 25. She got a lot of great things from people we work with. I think she said she has 2 more showers..but there can't be much left for her to get. Well, diapers, bottles and clothes for when Seth is older would all be good!

Yesterday was the 2nd Annual Spurs Hope & Possibility 5K Run/Walk. Coach Popovich began this event last year. he does much to support all my efforts in the community that I felt I needed to support this. So, I volunteered from 7am - 12 noon. I mostly worked the VIP Brunch Registration. Pop even ran, and as he was coming towards the brunch area, I think he was startled to see me. "What are you doing here?" he asked. I told him he does so much for me -- I wanted to help him and the SPURS Foundation. He wanted to give me a hug and then said.."I am all wet (sweaty) and man was he ever. But we hugged anyway. And his beard looked better than the last time I saw it. The purpose of the event: Fitness is a primary concern for San Antonio and the Spurs Foundation is continuing its commitment to recreation, fitness and education in the city. This 5k idea, first brought to San Antonio by President of Spurs Basketball and Head Coach Gregg Popovich who saw it in NYC, will capitalize on the success of last year’s run/walk by allowing so many more fans to experience this fun event. The Spurs team, Silver Dancers, Coyote and more will all be participating in this exciting outdoor event. There is something for everyone including a one mile fun run for kids of all ages, a finish line festival inclusive of post-run snacks, music, and activities. For those who support this event at a higher donor level, an appreciation VIP Brunch will be held.

The Story of Hope & PossibilityTrisha Meili, known to the world as The Central Park Jogger, revealed her amazing story of survival and recovery in her 2003 best-selling memoir I AM THE CENTRAL PARK JOGGER: A Story of Hope and Possibility. (Meili, an avid runner, was brutally attacked in NY Central Park in 1989. She was discovered near death and not expected to survive.) That same year, the Achilles Track Club produced its first Hope & Possibility race in Central Park to honor Trisha Meili and her story about the capacity of the human body and spirit to heal. In 2007, the Spurs Foundation teamed up with the national Achilles chapter to host the inaugural Hope & Possibility run/walk in the Alamo City. The race is to celebrate the human spirit and bring the disabled and able-bodied communities together.

Danny and I have been sick and today Danny feels pretty awful. We are supposed to go to a co-worker's church festival today from 4-7. Pony rides and all! I might take Paul by myself. We'll see. Danny and Paul are about to take a nap. And I am going to make some calls and do some magazine reading.

Have a hopeful, joyful, peaceful week!

No comments: