Thursday, October 30, 2008

Extreme Weather

I am home sick today. I have been ill for over a week, and just when I thought I was finally getting over whatever I had, I got worse..much worse. I am stubborn and was going into work today around 10:30, but I had a fever at 9am and decided....better stay home. I just woke from a 2 hour nap. I have been drinking lots of water and taking the appropriate drugs.

It's no wonder people in San Antonio are sick lately. The temps have been up and down - all in the same day. When I lived in Kansas we would often say..."if you don't the weather right now...wait 4 hours!" The saying has been suitable for SA the eleven years I have lived here.

Paul had to wear red today. Firefighters were visiting his school this morning. EMS folks were there yesterday and I think Police officers are going one day next week. Paul really does look marvelous in red..so he has several red shirts. But guess what? At 7:40 this morning I realized they were all dirty! So, I grabbed a few and ran to the washing machine. Only a 4 minute cycle was chosen and I thought - cool....one will be ready by 8:30 when Danny takes him. Uh, no. Danny was not too happy at first - but when I about cried and apologized for not being better prepared...he was quiet. One of the red shirts was ready to wear at 8:42. Off they went....
Here are a few pics of Paul wearing red over the past 3 years.


We took Paul to see Dr. Rotenberg yesterday. He is a pediatric neurologist and he was fabulous and very nice and knowledgeable--thank goodness. I will post another time about the appointment and his thoughts. I am taking Paul in for more blood work and back to see Dr. Rotenberg next Wed afternoon for development exams.

Paul is going to be a Rock Star for Halloween. We are taking him to the ZOO BOO from 6-9pm. I know we will all have fun. I only hope I feel much better tomorrow.

I am beginning to read a new book for my book club. Our next meeting is Nov 13 and so I better get crack a lackin! The book is Captivating - Unveiling the Mysteries of a Woman's Soul.

1 comment:

HJW said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I hope you feel better - Paul is adorable!