Saturday, March 1, 2008

Cardinal, Bishops, Priests OH MY

Monday brought something super exciting for this Catholic girl. Cardinal DiNardo (of Houston-Galveston) was the keynote speaker at the CTSA Luncheon--my boss Nick asked me to take his place at the company table. Danny went too and we sat 6 feet from the Italian priest. He was an excellent speaker and I had a wonderful time! I also saw Father Leopold, Fr. Jimmy Drennan (he married us) and Bishop Flannagin. Lots of nuns and other priests present too!
I spent a lot of the week studying for my license exam. I wanted to take it Friday, but things got messed up at TDI and I am scheduled for Monday at 1pm. Please pray for me--I need to pass this and get going making some sales!

Wed night was GNO and we went to Alamo Cafe. It was nice and the food is decent. I was awfully tired and was home around 9:45 or so. Lots more to write about, my time is so limited now. OH, and I might add that I am going to Fatso's n Bandera tonight to watch Kansas play K-State. Martha and Peter are picking me up around 7:15..and I have things to do beforehand.

Paul had a good week at school. They have added a third teacher in his classroom and are moving up 2 children on Monday. So, I think we'll be back to 15 kids and 3 teachers--awesome! Although I don't think the third teacher is going to stay forever. She might go into another classroom.

Danny took Paul to the zoo this morning so I could do some chores. I have a cold and didn't have much energy--but I got lots done..and then took an hour nap. Got a manicure and my eyebrows waxed a little while ago. I plan to study for a few hours tomorrow afternoon and again Monday morning before my exam.

Can u tell I am in a hurry..this entry is not very interesting or fun. Sorry.

No comments: