Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy 84th Birthday Mary Esther Niño

Today is my MIL's 84th birthday. She lives in Friendswood (Houston) with Danny's brother and his family. I had the idea about 2 weeks ago to drive on Sat and surprise her! Veronica and Chris thought that would be great. So, we left yesterday around noon and traveled to their home. Marisa and Daniel were so excited to see us at the door..they didn't know either. Mom was in her room with the door closed and after we knocked and she said come in....Paul went running into her room and over to where she was sitting with a big smile and a big HI!!! She was VERY surprised and even cried a little. We all went to 5pm mass then back to the house for an awesome dinner..steak, salad, potato and all the trimmings. Oh and wine and cake and spinach dip! Veronica's parents came and her brother and his family. They are live in the area.



I played Wii Sports and had fun with the kids..as usual. They think I am silly and fun to be around. I don't disagree! Paul was laughing hysterically every time I knocked down all the bowling pins. Tennis is fun..but a real workout!!! I knocked a few home runs too. I don't think the kids really know how much of a sports fan I am and that I am decent!! Although Daniel remembers my trip there in July---I was the soccer stud of the day!



We got Mary Esther a GINOBILI SPURS Jersey--she loved it and put it on right away. She loves her SPURS, but living in Houston..she doesn't get to see them too often. Here she is....gotta love #20!!!

We got up this morning and all went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast--yummy! Here is a group picture of the family. Little Daniel is almost 7 and blinked..but this is still the best one! Chris is Danny's older brother and his wife Veronica. Marisa is 11 and a girlie girl! Mom, Me, Paul and My Danny. We got back home today around 3:30. Thank you to the Zimmerman's for keeping Miss Oreo while we were away. It saved us $50! We owe you T, T, Z and M!!


I am going to study tonight b/c I plan to take my practice exam tomorrow at work..for my insurance license. If I do ok, I will take the real exam on Friday! Pray for me please. I need to pass and get this over with..so I can start making money.

It is HOT here today....something like 85! I am not in the mood for this weather. Give me 65 and sun please!

Have a joy filled and productive week friends!

No comments: