Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Road Less Traveled

I posted a great song to my FB profile by the fabulous George Strait. He of course lives here in SA - The Dominion, and his ranch is north of SA. Hi Norma! (his wife) Listen to this song.....The Road Less Traveled....really listen to the words and it will inspire you. And if it doesn't - then you are dead. And for that matter......listen to Run. I have not heard either of these songs in a while - but they are awesome and I am glad to have been reconnected to them today.

Speaking of being reconnected - what is up with Facebook? It's a reunion everyday! So fun and SO addicting! Or am I the only one who spends too much time on it?!

Let me tell you about the past 2 days and then I will write something to hopefully inspire you....... I know I was tired when I woke up. And I worked for 4 hours on a project I am doing for a nice businessman in SA. He is the one helping me break into St. Anthony Catholic School - he IS St. Anthony! I won't tell you his name..... I went to see Bride Wars at Northwoods..by myself. Danny is nice that way to allow me head out and do something I love. And I don't mind doing it alone - apparently, some people would never think of going to a movie alone?! Why not---there is NO talking during a movie....but making out is nice I suppose...if you are with the right person. :-)

As I was literally walking in the door--Danny was on the phone and looked panicked. Rhonda was on the phone upset. I have been helping her on the computer organizing all her digital pics and getting them off her hard drive. She had deleted a folder with several pictures accidentally...how did she get it back? Susan (oh and Mick) to the rescue. I immediately told her to go to her recycle bin...she could not find it. Then it hit me.......go to your desktop Rhonda...........uh, my sweet friend did not know where to find her desktop..or what is was......I then told her..close ALL your programs which are opened...she did..and I told her..look at those icons you and Terrence have on the desktop (which I think is wrong) - and look for the green arrow guys on a trash can....Ah ha--she found it! Find file..right click and click RESTORE! Praise God--Amen! Thanks Mick for your help too! But wait - then Mick and I suggested she clean out everything in her recycle bin -- I have a program that does it every week - she told me there was a TON of files b/c she had been busy since last week cleaning up her pc. She was not comfortable deleting the bin and wanted me to ask Mick.."why should I do this?" Now I won't get it exact..but this IM came onto my screen.........similar to how we take out our trash at home..why do we do it? Cause if we don't - the shit will stink!. Is that how it went down MJG?

Today started with taking pics of Paulie being silly before going to school. He is a hoot and a half! I then went to Rhonda's to start moving all our new folders to a CD so we can get it all off her hard drive. And people - we are talking about pics from 2004-present. If I had to guess.....thousands of images!!! I want to get her set up for from here on out--she can better manage all of this. :-) Love you Rhonda Murphy!

So---problems arose and we needed help. I called 3 people and damn--they were all busy--working. ??? Crapola----oh well. We had to wait. I then went to Nordstrom since I was nearby. I was on a mission to buy some new 4 inch heels. Found them! I used a gift card from Christmas. And the best part-----I have money left on the gift card! WOO HOO
Here are my new shoes - I think they are fabulous and I love them.
And yes--if you are wondering..not only can I walk masterfully in them...but I can dance too! I almost think 4 inch heels make me a better dancer!
I am about to make some dinner and then go get Paulie. It works well that his school is only 5 min away! I am headed to Spectrum at 6:30ish to work out! I didn't get it in this afternoon..too busy shopping I guess.
Matthew 5:16 says, "Let your light shine before others so that they may see your good works and glorify our Father in heaven." My reflection on this verse: Jesus empowers us to bring a life giving light to this world, a light that will help dispel the darkness around us. You may not always see your own spiritual aura, but it is there! You may not be able to judge your own light---but others can.











No comments: