Friday, January 2, 2009

Facing The Giants

Love this movie! I found it while flipping channels and was able to watch the second half. Watching this movie tonight comes at an important crossroads in my life. I am struggling with a few things and one is being unemployed and trying to have the faith and not worry that God will provide. I have many giants I face each day and it really is easier when I turn to God and trust Him. I have the soundtrack for this movie and need to add a few of the songs to my IPOD. If you can - go to ITUNES and search for "With You" by Mark Willard. Amazing song - and it speaks to my heart and can for you too. The lyrics are below...

Verse 1: You have been so good to me
How can I find the words to thank You?
Healer of broken hearts and broken dreams
Lord, I will never cease to praise You.

Chorus: With You, all things are possible. Like an eagle I can soar.
With You the giants fall. They rise no more.
With You I overcome when fear and faith collide. There’s nothing I can’t do.
Anything is possible with You.

Verse 2: I am constantly amazed
You are a God forever faithful.
As I look back on my history of grace, how could I be anything but grateful?

Chorus

Verse 3:No mountain is too high, there’s no valley that’s too deep
You’re calling me to walk by faith so I will take a Leap...take a Leap

Chorus x2
Anything, anything is possible with You
With You
It’s possible with You.


Here's to a year of growing closer to our sweet Jesus...Lord, be near to us as we seek to know You more and more... AMEN

Psalm 139

For the leader. A psalm of David. O LORD, you have probed me, you know me: you know when I sit and stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. My travels and my rest you mark; with all my ways you are familiar. Even before a word is on my tongue, LORD, you know it all.
5 Behind and before you encircle me and rest your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is beyond me, far too lofty for me to reach. Where can I hide from your spirit? From your presence, where can I flee? If I ascend to the heavens, you are there; if I lie down in Sheol, you are there too. If I fly with the wings of dawn and alight beyond the sea,
10 Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely darkness shall hide me, and night shall be my light" --
Darkness is not dark for you, and night shines as the day. Darkness and light are but one. You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb. I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works! My very self you knew; my bones were not hidden from you, When I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth. Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came to be. How precious to me are your designs, O God; how vast the sum of them! Were I to count, they would outnumber the sands; to finish, I would need eternity.
19 If only you would destroy the wicked, O God, and the bloodthirsty would depart from me! Deceitfully they invoke your name; your foes swear faithless oaths. Do I not hate, LORD, those who hate you? Those who rise against you, do I not loathe? With fierce hatred I hate them, enemies I count as my own. Probe me, God, know my heart; try me, know my concerns.

No comments: