Friday, January 9, 2009

How Many Things Can One Person Take On...?

Well, if you're me - a lot! And your husband would say it's all too much SuSu!

Let's recap all the things going on in my life - beyond the usually wife, Mom and Cinderella duties........

1. Running for Queen of the Vine. Trying to raise money before the end of February so I can be the candidate to raise the most and be crowned for a Fiesta Event called A Taste of the Northside. I am planning on hosting a Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournament on Sat., Feb 28 and my goal is to make $10,000. I need to get players, the food and drinks donated and the prizes - all donated. I need to get going on all this today! Shae at Brighton created the flier for the event....go
HERE (and click on blue link to the flier) to see it! Any people in SA who wish to help or attend - let me know!! I need much assistance!

2. We are involved in a Catholic Couples' Movement called Teams of Our Lady. We have our monthly team meeting this Sunday and we both still have to read the two chapters...one is on Emotional Intimacy and the other - Intellectual Intimacy. And we are planning and hosting an information meeting later this month at church. So I need to prepare for that too!

3. I have been asked to be on another Women's ACTS Team. We had our first meeting last Monday night. We'll meet every Monday night for about 10 weeks. The actual retreat is April 2-5. I have been on a team twice - the second time serving as the Spiritual Director. This time I will be involved with the music ministry. Although, I cannot sing (but do) and I do not play any instruments. Well, maybe the harmonica and a tambourine..... There is a great deal of planning that goes into each retreat. Please keep all of us (25 or so) in your prayers as we go along in this journey. Each retreat has a theme--chose by the directors. And a scripture verse..... This is ours: from Ephesians 5:14 "Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." In other words--hey, pay attention.....wake up.....allow Christ to enter your heart and shine on you--and then you can shine His light onto others. Our theme song is: Christ Be Our Light.

4. Oh and I am getting applications completed to become a substitute in a few Catholic high schools here in SA. So far--three are most interested. One school invited me to come next Friday to mass at 9:15am and then tour the school and visit with one of the administrators.

5. And I have been using some incredible products from a Wellness Company named AGEL. I am thinking of beginning to grow this business and share the products to help us all. If you check the site out - each day I take 2 of the products and often take 2 addl on additional days. EXO, UMI and often times FLX and FIT. I am going to talk to my parents about trying some of this to help their heart disease, pains and high blood pressure. This is all awesome stuff and let's face it...I think we all need to focus on preventing illness and help what currently ails us - b/c one day soon - it will be mighty $$$$ to cure anything that comes down the road. This is also why I have begun a new fitness program and eating lifestyle. And I am training for the Rock n Roll half marathon in November. So, I need to also work on my business plan.......

What am I missing......

6. Oh yes - working out/training 3-4 times a week....

I know I am still missing something..or two......

I leave you with this tonight..........
Be alert for circumstances that present tests of faithfulness and loyalty, and know that in the midst of trials and great tribulation that even if those around you are faithless, I remain faithful. I will not allow the enemy to wreak utter havoc, for I have placed a hedge of protection around you. These tests are not to bring destruction, but are to bring clarity and understanding that will help you see your own level of faithfulness and loyalty to others and to Me, says the Lord.
2 Corinthians 4:6-10 "For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed--always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body."

1 comment:

Osh said...

You are so busy, girl!