Thursday, July 17, 2008

If I Were Brave

A couple of months ago I stumbled upon an artist named Jana Stanfield. Anyone heard of her?! I love many of her songs. One of my favorite of hers right now is titled If I Were Brave. Listen to it.....you can find it on itunes or on her website. And I have loved Selah for a long time and even more now since I have been reading Angie Smith's blog...her husband is in Selah. An old song of theirs is titled All of Me. It speaks to my heart everytime.

Let's go a different direction. I went with our community relations gal from work to a "Building Believers" lunch at GSABA. I am an active member in this organization since going back to work. You take your lunch and hear a great speaker and praise God for all things! One can offer up any special intentions. We went to Quizno's beforehand and got salads. While in the joint...one of my favorite songs from 2000 was Mambo #5..and it was playing. I told Debbie, "I wanted to walk down the aisle to this song..." but Fr. Jimmy said, "uh no Susan!" She loves the song too! Download it from itunes..I just did!!

And after the lunch meeting, we went out to Anaqua Springs to see a house that is being built....one of our soon to be insureds.......$10,000,000 home kids! It will be most impressive and quite possibly the most expensive house in San Antonio..which I personally think is not a good thing really. And on the way...we were almost in a major collision on I-10...but God saved us..and we totally believed it!!! Praise God for watching out for us!

And check out A-Z Wineworks, located in Oregon. Coach Popovich (or as I call him Coach Pop) invested in this winery a few years ago and they made a special pinot noir for him to distribute to his friends and for charities. You cannot buy it in the store. It is called Rock & Hammer. (click the link and read the article on how he named this wine) I got a bottle of it yesterday from Moe..Pop's exec asst. She and I had lunch at Aldo's...on Charlie and Gary! Then we went back to the Spurs practice facility to get the wine. She said A-Z makes a nice pinot noir that is sold in stores. They make others of course...try it and let me know what you think, so we can let Pop know! He actually had a hand in helping to make the wine not sold in stores,. fair warning--he has a healthy palate...so you know!

No comments: